Discord Server

0 Members Online

Play.Mineville.Org

0 Members Online

Water Skyblock Season 8

Alpha

Active
For my very limited time I have spent so far on water, I have already seen a few things I feel make this season not as good as it could be, I will not be mentioning bugs or glitches as those are things that will hopefully be fixed shortly e.g the voting. I am making this thread for other people to comment on and tell me what they have noticed is perhaps not great or could have been better about this season.

I want to start of saying this is not me hating on the realm, I just want to share how I think it could have been better in my opinion as a player.

First thing I noticed is that farming eco has been completely scrapped, I heard the eco would be a mix of spawners and farming and from seeing the shop prices for farming and the lack of rewards to earn from them, I can safely say farming eco will not be popular after day 2 for players that actively play as the rewards u get are simply too low, I made a cocoa bean pillar farm from the bottom of the island to height limit, bought a 10k use harvester hoe for 350minebucks just to test if it would be worth it for anyone but it simply does not give enough money and using a harvester hoe that costs minebucks feels like a waste every time. Farming eco was simply nerfed too much and while i agree farming isn't the most fun eco it is the most common eco for players to get into and now it is simply not worth it.

Another thing I noticed was Is value, I think island value was done very well on fire by making them worth the price they are in shop and it seems water try to do their own version of that but it ended up being worse and not making a lot of sense, the most obvious thing being that each block was assigned their own value instead of a shop value, ore blocks on their own are reasonable and like past seasons of water but the main problem is spawners which don't make a lot of sense when u match them against each other or the ore blocks. I'll use zoglins to explain, each zoglin spawner costs 25mil and rewards 520 island levels, if you try to buy 520 levels in gold blocks it will only cost you about 6mil, and if u try to get 520 island value in pig spawners it will cost u only 18mil, showing that they are not matched up at all. You may think yea but zoglins are rewarding and give prismarine shards which are worth a lot, but what made them work on fire is that they also counted equally towards is top and if you were spending 25mil on a spawner than only dropped 2x shards for 100$ each you would need 125,000 zoglins before u break even on that spawner and on fire this was worth it because it also gave u 25mil is value so you could afford to wait ages for them to pay themselves off, and how are you supposed to afford spawners worth 25mil when the realm seems to be designed to be prominently spawner eco and farming isn't going to get you 25mil any time soon.

Mining eco: Water has always had a strong option for a mining economy with the crate pickaxes, the custom enchants, the gen and miner minions, but the thing that ruins all that is the incredibly expensive gen, which only starts generating diamonds at 5% (the point the gen actually starts to become useful) at island level 500,000. To put into perspective how hard it would be to reach 500,000 island level, if you bought gold blocks to get ur island value you would need to spend 6billion, if you tried to get 500k from zoglin spawners that would cost you 24billion, and then to introduce emerald ore into the gen you would need 5million island levels, meaning gold would cost you 60billion and zoglins over 240billion, this is simply not realistic.

Next you have the Island level, which starts off incredibly easy at 50k for the first level, 100k for the next then 1million for level 3, but then suddenly it ends up being insanely expensive and unrealistic at 25billion for the final level, now i'm not sure what year we're expected to be able to afford 25billion for an island level upgrade but with how the eco is looking, I don't see anyone actually finding a single reason that would be worth it, going off a $4.2 crate giving a MAX reward of 5million. I would have recommended using a similar system to fire where u can upgrade us islands level using sparks, as sparks are rewarding for those that like to grind and u can invest ur in game money into other things instead of worrying about saving up 25billion just to let 2 new people into your island, keeping in mind how late in the season that would have to be for someone to afford that its unlikely they are desperate to get 2 new members or the extra 25 radius boost.

The last thing I want to mention is more of a recent server wide issue that I can only hope is temporary, and that is the new payment system for the mineville store. The new payment system from what i understand is mineville using their own payment method that everyone who purchases something from the store has to use, meaning u no longer pay with a credit card or paypal but through their new system, this doesnt sound so bad except that with every purchase you have to pay a (i think) 20% tax on everything you buy, say you want to spend 100$ on the store it will now cost you 120$, this to some people may not seem like alot but i've already talked to 3 people that were planning on buying keys on waters release but changed their mind after the current key not only is 5$ instead of 4$ like past crates, not to mention being objectively worse than previous crates even though the custom textures are cool, but it would cost 60$ to buy just 10 keys when previously it would have been 40$ for the current crate at the time. I believe the reason for this change is because using paypal has become expensive for mineville but the reality is most likely (i'm assuming) that they will lose money in the long run as less people buy things from the store as they are increasingly expensive.

I just want to finish this off with a reminder that this is not an attack on the server simply constructive criticism from my limited observation of the new water season, as is obvious this season did not accurately live up to the hype as logging in today to find only 5 people online less than 24hours after the release has led me to make this thread.

woolly26

Dedicated
Water Poseidon
Hi Imdabestmaan , hope you had a good time around here not like it happened to me .

PizzaMC

Network Owner
Owner
Administrator
How did farming eco get scrapped?
Its the same exact farming eco from season 3 with automation.

PizzaMC

Network Owner
Owner
Administrator
You are suggesting adding a secondary currency like sparks, aka what used to be Bubbles even after you, among many other players, bombarded us with negativity about Bubbles in the first place. Very hypocritical.

Alpha

Active
You are suggesting adding a secondary currency like sparks, aka what used to be Bubbles even after you, among many other players, bombarded us with negativity about Bubbles in the first place. Very hypocritical.
I had no opinions on bubbles and i never commented on them, especially didnt complain about them to you or anyone else, i think they're a good idea maybe the only complaint i made was a passing comment about them being hard to get

Alpha

Active
How did farming eco get scrapped?
Its the same exact farming eco from season 3 with automation.
I'm not really someone who uses farming eco often so my opinion is limited but the prices just seem to be lowered by a ton making using harvester hoes not worth the price of the minebucks u spend on them, for me when I was dming you about the new season I felt farming eco wouldn't really be a massive automated eco, but a good starting eco and then evolve into the expensive spawners that reward you with a steady afk eco as it gets boring farming every time u need money.

Alpha

Active
another thing I want to mention is that what brought a lot of players to mineville and let them stay was that cactus farms were such a strong eco if you grinded your ass off, bringing players such as our favourite female admin whos not staff manager, Ping. Not sure how good cactus farms are this season but it has been a long time since i've seen an effective cactus farm and in my opinion they are a common symbol for skyblock economies. Personally I hate building cactus farms and they lag my island but they definitely brought a strong number of players to the realm.

woolly26

Dedicated
Water Poseidon
PizzaMC the fact that you made Bubbles mostly p2w made the players angry .

woolly26

Dedicated
Water Poseidon
PizzaMC , Alpha there should be a wide variety of farming and each player gets to choose what kind of farming wants .

PizzaMC

Network Owner
Owner
Administrator
PizzaMC , Alpha there should be a wide variety of farming and each player gets to choose what kind of farming wants .
There is a ton of crops (options).

PizzaMC

Network Owner
Owner
Administrator
another thing I want to mention is that what brought a lot of players to mineville and let them stay was that cactus farms were such a strong eco if you grinded your ass off, bringing players such as our favourite female admin whos not staff manager, Ping. Not sure how good cactus farms are this season but it has been a long time since i've seen an effective cactus farm and in my opinion they are a common symbol for skyblock economies. Personally I hate building cactus farms and they lag my island but they definitely brought a strong number of players to the realm.
Maybe you didn't, however it was the overwhelming majority opinion. I do get where you are coming from though, I will be reducing prices for the top levels. However you need to remember that we are moving more towards long-term gameplay, so you aren't supposed to be able to unlock the max island level in just 1-3 months.

Regarding the payment method, we completely got rid of the player-side forced EU taxes.

Alpha

Active
Maybe you didn't, however it was the overwhelming majority opinion. I do get where you are coming from though, I will be reducing prices for the top levels. However you need to remember that we are moving more towards long-term gameplay, so you aren't supposed to be able to unlock the max island level in just 1-3 months.

Regarding the payment method, we completely got rid of the player-side forced EU taxes.
Very thankful for you removing the taxes, appreciate the responses I’m glad I was able to help, just trying to make this server as good as it can be :)

woolly26

Dedicated
Water Poseidon
We should make the next season be a 2.0 version of season 3 since that was the best season.