Discord Server

0 Members Online

Play.Mineville.Org

0 Members Online

Water Season 8 Changes/Reccomendations

Eyeball388

This post is simply to ask people their opinions on what made Water fun to play when it was popular.
Consider things like:
PvP - What did you like. What did you dislike?
Eco - Spawners or farms?
Crates - Keeping gear rare or making it obtainable again?

My personal opinion:
I believe that spawner eco is more fun than farming eco. If people want to grind, they'd play Asgard. People come to an eco based skyblock server to compete for the highest eco spot. Not who can farm the most. Getting spawners set up is a satisfying feeling that I personally believe players like a lot more than farming coco beans.

As with crates, I believe that there should be a limited "Throwback crate" where they bring back all of the old tags, armor, hats, and weapons. This crate should last a day or two as to not make the server super broken.
Example: Lower drop chance on a freedom axe than a haunted axe, as freedom is obviously better.

The return of Holy Scrolls. Minebucks are losing their value as people begin to start stockpiling armor. What made pvp fun wasn't risking all of the money you spent just to lose it. It was being able to fight other players without having to worry about losing everything in the process. This would revive PvP and make minebucks that much more valuable. Consider putting these in /bucks.

In addition to the value of minebucks, do you really think somebody wants to spend the equivalent of $200 IRL for an axe on a dead server? NO! Why would ANYBODY do that? We need the old items to spice up the eco again. People need to be willing to sell their items so that new players can get them!

A new map. We've been getting the same 3 maps in rotation for 7 seasons. Why not change it up a bit? People want to explore and learn new maps. There should really be a feeling of "freshness" to it to show that the owners really do care about the server.

If you think that something needs changed/added, go ahead and reply so that we can make Water what it used to be. Feel free to leave your opinion!

P.S. if you still think Water isn't dying, take a look at this!
Edit: If something happens to the server disc again or somebody loses their gear, just give it back. It doesn't need to be a hassle if they have proof.

Last edited:

Zxcyy

Well-known
150 players to 11 players is poor somet needs be done, the problem is people have moved on it's too late they can fix as many problems as they can but old players won't come back since they have lost faith and im surprised your playing eyeball

Eyeball388

150 players to 11 players is poor somet needs be done, the problem is people have moved on it's too late they can fix as many problems as they can but old players won't come back since they have lost faith and im surprised your playing eyeball
Im only playing because I believe that theres still a chance to fix it

Prim529

Helper
Helper
W A R P S ! ! ! It is boring being stuck at your island all the time. Part of the fun of sky block is creating a warp where others can interact with each other. Last season people liked trying to make the best island possible and compete for likes. Now all they can do is farm and there is no other point to doing anything else on the server.

Aerysional

Moderator+
Moderator+
While I'm not really a Water player and don't have anything to add in terms of what should be changed/added/removed, I'd like to thank you for making this thread! People tend to resort to immediately just trashing on the server when they have a problem with a feature or with changes to Water after the revamp which isn't helpful or productive to them or to the devs. If we want to make positive change, then constructive feedback like this and ideas for improvement are the way to do it. Keep the suggestions rolling, y'all! :)

Dr_Imperial

I really used to like water, but I have a hard time figuring out what it is. Now not to sound ready the payouts are on the lower side which really doesn't make me want to grind those hours for a small payout. So it's not a competitive skyblock server because of that really. And it also not a casual skyblock server where I can just wander around the server looking at other islands and having a fun time with people. Last season was more casual in my eyes and it was fun, but this season I don't know what the aim is. I mean even if there were just island warps that would bring back the casual players that want to host events and fight for island likes top. But it is what it is. And I hope better things are to come.

Eyeball388

I really used to like water, but I have a hard time figuring out what it is. Now not to sound ready the payouts are on the lower side which really doesn't make me want to grind those hours for a small payout. So it's not a competitive skyblock server because of that really. And it also not a casual skyblock server where I can just wander around the server looking at other islands and having a fun time with people. Last season was more casual in my eyes and it was fun, but this season I don't know what the aim is. I mean even if there were just island warps that would bring back the casual players that want to host events and fight for island likes top. But it is what it is. And I hope better things are to come.
This was the main appeal to me in season 3. Everything was laid back while there was still competition for baltop. You could practically do whatever you wanted and do just fine.

I would definitely second the spawner meta instead of the farming meta.

unearthedpenny1

PVP- didnt touch it

I personally dislike both of those ecos but i prefer of the two to have spawner meta.

Crate gear should be rare but not unobtainable, like half of the server or so would have it at most, but more than like 3 ppl

Prim529

Helper
Helper
added to my other post I also think that people in real authority over what is added and what is fixed need to actually listen to what the players are saying need to be fixed. They fixed that al players could use chat feelings which no one asked for or wanted but it’s been 2 months of asking for nether stars to be added and no one has even addressed it. The owners need to realize that if they keep not fixing things no one is gonna pay for things like chat feelings cause they don’t care enough to play anymore.
and not to sound rude or anything but if the owners don’t care enough to fix things so people want to play just end the server. If you aren’t willing to fix things and don’t care if it causes people to leave then why even run the server or realm in the first place
I used to really like water and I kinda still do but going on is incredibly boring. I can’t go anywhere and I can’t do anything but farm. And now with everyone leaving I can’t even talk to people. I’ve made friends on this server and I wish I could keep making more and keep having fun but if things keep going the way they are no one is gonna be left to play with.
The server owners and builders should start thinking about scraping this season of sky block and creating a new one cause things just aren’t working rn. And if or when you make a new season actually listen to what the players want not what is Easiest to make.
I could keep going but I think you get the point.

Aydiii

Active
all i’m gunna say is KEKW

Zxcyy

Well-known
Im only playing because I believe that theres still a chance to fix it
The current pvp system needs somet because if your ping is above 60 at least 90% of your hits do not register I’ve lost so many fights in lps because hits do not hit

The current pvp system needs somet because if your ping is above 60 at least 90% of your hits do not register I’ve lost so many fights in lps because hits do not hit
They need to work on hit reg, a lot of hits don't reg.

capt_MadMan

Active
Season 6 wasnt the best but it was okay.

All they needed to do was make IG price 5m

Thats it

Instead, they decided to completely change the whole aspect of mineville, basically turning into Minefun2.0. If I wanted to play Minefun, I would play minefun. I played Mineville because it wasnt like a lot of servers in terms of spawner stacking but the cow eco was just too much. If they made the eco IGs again I'm sure the server would be doing better than ever.

Eyeball388

Season 6 wasnt the best but it was okay.

All they needed to do was make IG price 5m

Thats it

Instead, they decided to completely change the whole aspect of mineville, basically turning into Minefun2.0. If I wanted to play Minefun, I would play minefun. I played Mineville because it wasnt like a lot of servers in terms of spawner stacking but the cow eco was just too much. If they made the eco IGs again I'm sure the server would be doing better than ever.
I completely agree with this. I believe that spawner eco (specifically IG's) is what people to to skyblock servers for. People don't go to farm cocoa beans and spend their whole day grinding. If they wanted to do that they'd play prison. people come for the community and I think that's what made MV fun. But yes, I agree 100% with what you're saying

xNovastar

Personally I think farms are better than spawners so that people who can't use afk farms or don't have alts can compete easier. It's more fair to everyone involved. However, I do miss the island levels being blocks placed and player warps. I know this post is directed for players, but I do enjoy playing water as well as staffing it and from seeing both sides that is my personal opinion.

Eyeball388

Personally I think farms are better than spawners so that people who can't use afk farms or don't have alts can compete easier. It's more fair to everyone involved. However, I do miss the island levels being blocks placed and player warps. I know this post is directed for players, but I do enjoy playing water as well as staffing it and from seeing both sides that is my personal opinion.
I respect this choice, although my reasoning for spawners is that it gives players the ability to do other things. Because of this, ive created a document where I suggested mixed eco rather than one or the other to solve the controversy between the two