Discord Server

0 Members Online

Play.Mineville.Org

0 Members Online

Third Party Trades Clarification

Akuiv

Ok so this rule specifies "Offering or trading or requesting any items outside of Mineville (CSGO Skins, Optifine cape, ect.) or IRL money for a service in game."

Now this says a service in game, does that also mean sending in-game money?

There's 3 things I am curious if this rule affects:

1) Player pays another player in-game money for a donation on the server

2) Player pays another player in-game money for a customized signature on the forums

3) Player pays another player in-game money for a Youtube/Channel intro(animated logo)

Both 2 & 3 are services that I offer IRL that I would be willing to offer for in-game money. It would help many people who don't have the funding IRL for those types of things, especially 3.

Keep in mind 1 & 2 are still in Mineville.

Thanks!

Sub2JonnyB

Well-known
#1 would probably be 3rd party trading, because someone is being payed in game stuff, for a real life donation to the server.#2 could possibly be considered 3rd party trading, but I don't think It is. #3 is very likely 3rd party trading because someone is being paid in game currency to do something not related to the server. Don't take my word on it, you should probably get a 2nd opinion, this is just what I believe is the case.

Akuiv

#1 would probably be 3rd party trading, because someone is being payed in game stuff, for a real life donation to the server.#2 could possibly be considered 3rd party trading, but I don't think It is. #3 is very likely 3rd party trading because someone is being paid in game currency to do something not related to the server. Don't take my word on it, you should probably get a 2nd opinion, this is just what I believe is the case.
Thanks Jonny B.

I should have plead more of a case for #1 in my first post.
With server donations anyone can donate on someone else's behalf, so the irl money in that scenario would never be exchanged between the players.
This would be an economical boost to game world the transaction takes place in, a chance at VIP perks for those who can't afford donations, and more donations to the server in general.

#3 in my mind was the most controversial one to ask about. Say the receiver of the animation only streamed/recorded gameplay on Mineville. This person would be bringing more players to the server, and with an intro their channel surely would have greater quality and more people watching. Of course the majority of the quality lies in their presentation, but a nice intro does wonders for a channel.

Princess_Esther

Staff Manager
Administrator
Moderator+
Hey @Akuiv ,

#1 is allowed as the trade is in-game money for an in-game rank. Same goes for any other purchase on our store.

#2 is also allowed if the forum signature is made for the MineVille forums.

#3 is not allowed if the intro is a service you would normally sell to other customers for IRL money. If you normally make intros for free for other people, asking someone to pay you for it with in-game money is fine.

I hope this makes sense :)

Akuiv

Hey @Akuiv ,

#1 is allowed as the trade is in-game money for an in-game rank. Same goes for any other purchase on our store.

#2 is also allowed if the forum signature is made for the MineVille forums.

#3 is not allowed if the intro is a service you would normally sell to other customers for IRL money. If you normally make intros for free for other people, asking someone to pay you for it with in-game money is fine.

I hope this makes sense :)
Understood and thank you Princess_Esther!