For the next season, i think more textures would be cool, like maybe a textured helmet so you can have protection, but also have a cool hat!
This was a really good post with a lot of good suggestions that I agree with and I hope at least some of these will come in the new season.Ascension rewards:
The one big suggestion I have and would love to see being added are ascension rewards. It keeps ascending a useful thing to do. Some reasons for ascending not being that useful anymore are:
Now just saying I want this without giving some actual ideas would isn't helping. I suggest one reward per 25 rebirths. Here are some of my suggestions for rewards:
- With the removal of payouts (which I am absolutely fond of), there's not really any reason to keep ascending as there's no goal to work towards to.
- The addition of Legends system next season gives even less incentive to ascend, as you lose the money you could use to compete for Legends. Whilst I understand choices must be made, there isn't really any reason one would ascend at the moment.
Overall what I am referring to are small yet rewarding things to give to players who keep playing beyond the 'starting' phase of Asgard.
- Extra backpack slot
- 10.000 souls, a certain amount of minebucks or energy
- Certain norsk themed titles (players love those), maybe some of the god names?
- More weapons like Mjolnir, for instance Loki's Scepter or Dáinsleif's sword, there's multiple mythological items to pick between.
- More armor pieces to complete a form of mythological set with Aegir's helmet
- When you reach a big number (250?) the ability to have bold rename perk or chat feelings? (it takes months to reach 250)
- Chatcolor, particles, glow?
- Maybe a far stretch but autosell at a certain point?
- Town size upgrade
- Rename scroll
- Ancient tokens, maybe a super key or ultimate key, cosmetic key
- Access to sidequests (see below)
- etc. etc. (feel free to add comments with ideas)
Another suggestion, which might help with the last 'problem' I stated, I have is the addition of season legends, something that can be copied from Olympus (Prison realm on Manacube). Basically rewarding players with a Golden star before their name if they win a leaderboard, and silver stars for number two and three. I also believe they have the leaderboard and season stated in their lore when hovering over the IGN of the player in question. This would give once again incentive to keep playing after doing all the rebirths, keep players hooked to grind and play, and overall giving a simple reward to those who win. I am fairly certain this wouldn't interfere with the EULA so I hope this can be added.
Mining Level rewards:
When it comes to mining, I think having a small reward for reaching certain levels would be a nice small addition, some real suggestions I have for rewards are:
- Every five levels the player gets a 1% sell booster. This seems fairly reasonable and not too OP, since you get a 30% booster from Njords (these should stack ofcourse). A 20% booster doesn't seem that bad for reaching level 100 mining. If this seems too OP could swap it around to only count after reaching level 70.
- When reaching mining level 100 a [Miner] tag and a backpack slot
- When reaching level 120 autosell or a 5x5 trench book? (It's almost impossible to reach level 120)
A set of quests everyday (5?) that give a small amount (1-10 minebucks) of minebucks and potentially some reward crate? Quests could have multiple levels so that one day player does level I and then maybe three days later II and so on. Some suggestions for the the quests are:
This would get most players to log on daily to complete the quests, and just more small things to do.
- Brewer I - V: Brew x amount of potions, increasing by the higher level that appears.
- Miner I - V: Mine x amount of blocks and/or x amount of certain ores
- Risktaker I - V: Mine x amount of emerald blocks in the underworld and/or kill x amount of underworld mobs
- Active I - V: Play for 1-5 hours
- Duelist I - V: Duel 1-5 times
- Gambler I - V: Do x amount of coinflips
- etc. etc. (I think a good brainstorm session can add a lot of these small quests, so feel free to add them in the comments)
Whilst the main part of Asgard are the rebirths, quests on the side might keep players interested in the long run. I've come up with some quests that could be progressive, only accessible after doing a certain amount of ascends:
- High Roller:
Part 1. Do 100 coinflips
Part 2. Win 50 coinflips
Reward(s): [Lucky] / [Gambler] / [High roller] title (maybe pick one)
- Potion Brewer
Part 1. Brew 25 potions
Part 2. Brew 5 strength pots, 5 health pots, 5 poison pots or something along those lines
Reward(s): [Witch] title and the possibility to buy potions in a special part of the shop
- Thinking of a name
Part 1. Kill 50 players
Part 2. Win 15 duels
Reward(s): [Duelist] title and the ability to bet on duels
Part 1. Buy one backpack
Part 2. Find all hidden locations in spawn (could be any number)
Reward(s): [Adventurer] Title and a 5% sellboost applied to anything sold inside backpacks
- Once again I think if we put our brains together we could come up with some cool side quests so keep them coming please!
Whilst this is more of a bug rather then a suggestion, I hope to see backpacks work in the next season, because mining without them functioning is forcing you to sell every 3 seconds. Besides that I hope to see Juttenheim (free world) added as it is advertised when doing Odin's rebirth.
These are probably of the table but I would love to see the Future Expansions 2020 being added:
Svartalfheim: Home of Dwarves
[Mining based minigames]
Muspelheim: The Land of Fire
Vanaheim: Home of the Vanir Gods (Sorcery and Magic)
[New quests and challenges)