Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Kyasarin~San

IGN: IzzyTheEnforcer

Suggestion: PE to PC plugin (DragonNet?)

Description: Not everyone uses pc, there is a wide range of people that use Pocket edition, adding PE to PC to the mineville server would open up a new marker for a wider player base. I can imagine a load of people travelling, during work/school breaks, or maybe even just sitting in bed playing on their phones. it would allow mineville to be accessed by a wider player base, what do you all think?

Hi @Kyasarin~San ,

Maybe you can try Minechat. You can join the server using phone, but there is no visual. Basically you can chat with others and do some commands, even playing coin flips.

Regards,
Phractos

HenrijsX

No Phractos, there is people who want to play, build something and so some stuff in server actually

Hi HenrijsX,

Yes, but DragonNet was outdated as it is for Minecraft 1.12 the last time I checked. Plus, it only support old version of Minecraft PE, which btw, there is no way to change version of Minecraft PE. So, the best solution I can provide to him is to use Minechat.

Regards,
Phractos

Shinkson47

As a software developer, ill point out why this is impractical.

Java Edition (Java) and Pocket Edition (C++) are written from the ground up in completely different languages. Whilst they seem similar on the outside, their API's behind the scenes are wildly different, and they cannot intercommunicate.

Whilst creating a 'translating' wrapper is possible and has been done before for a vanilla server to provide some functionality, it's convoluted, slow and impractical. It will also not edit the Bedrock client, so many Java features will still be missing - and don't get me started on plugins. They'll misbehave all over the shop, I promise you. Especially on a more complex server network like MineVille.

In general, it's genuinely difficult to get these two platforms to work together well, even though it would be cool.

Kyasarin~San

Thank you all for your replies, @SuixideBunneh , i was not aware that it was expired lol, am just some nerd watching yt vids ^^;

@Shinkson47 I am aware about the C++ and java communication, i'm also looking into developing so it's good to know a proffesional programer replying.

Again, thank you all for your input!

Izzy

Sub2JonnyB

Well-known
I'm gonna say "Maybe" to this one.It seems like a good idea,but might add problems as well.