User name: sofawitch

What is your username? sofawitch

Which realm are you applying for?
Kingdom Survival

What time zone do you live in? EST

What is your first name? Austin

How old are you? 26

What is your discord username? sofawitch#5732

Have you created any previous applications? If so, please link them here.
I have not.

Why do you want to become a staff member on MineVille?
I haven't been a member of staff for a server in a long time. But I really enjoy this server and figured I would go ahead and apply. I used to run a few servers myself in Minecraft as well as a few other games. So I have plenty of experience.

What are three qualities that you have that make you stand out from the other applicants? I am very easy to get along with. I'm a people person. I'm a hardworking individual who works a full time job. I'm also a proud father. So I have a lot of responsibility. I can handle any situation thrown at me. I'm a quick thinker. I actually work in the customer service field as a supervisor for an extremely well known luxury faucet company. So I am very used to and good at providing support and solutions.

How many hours a day can you dedicate to Mineville?
I'd say an average 4-8 hours easily.

How long have you been playing on Mineville?
I know I've accumulated 6D 23h 39m playtime. I'd say I've been playing for at least a month now if not longer.

Have you ever been banned or punished on our server or any of our other platforms? (Describe the situation/s)
I have not.

Do you have any past experience of being a staff member?
I have a ton of experience as a staff for many communities. I owned a few of my own servers in the past. I've been an admin on a couple Attack of The B Team servers. I have been staff for other games such as Garry's Mod, ARMA, GTA, Starbound, just to name a few. There are more but you get the idea. I've also been co owner of a gaming network known as TheFreedomCrew. There we ran all kinds of servers from Minecraft, Gmod, CSS, and CSGO. I also aside from the gaming aspect was the Vice President of InquisitiveMedia TV. Which was a YouTube network under the main network Freedom. We actually partnered users such as Legendarylea, shoenice, and more before our network ended up shutting down due to YouTube changing their network policies.

Are you able to use some form of screenshot/recording software?
I use them daily. I've used all forms in fact. From OBS to Nvidia Shadowplay, xsplit, etc. and of course the snip tool.

SCENARIO ONE: You are the only staff member online on any realm, and a report comes in from another realm that you are not familiar with and have no permissions on. What do you do?
I would go to that situation, read the rules for the realm and ensure that I do what needs to be done based on the rules given. If the player is breaking the rules then I would punish the user appropriately based on the severity of the situation.

SCENARIO TWO: You ban a player and them and their friends start messaging you calling you a bad staff member and telling you that you should unban them. What do you do?
My original answer: Ignore their friends completely and continue on with my job.

Edit: I would like to correct this since I've realized this may not be the best response. I would instead politely inform the users of the reasoning behind the punishment and if they continued, then I would ignore them. But I would attempt to ensure that we could come to a mutual agreement to the situation and come to the best possible resolution. For example, I understand your frustration with the situation and I apologize for the inconvenience. There are rules we have to uphold and act upon if not followed. I would at least inform them of the situation and try and help them understand. (as I've said I do work customer service so I have actually been professionally trained for situations such as this.) I'd also direct them to the unban request section of the forums so they can explain themselves and why they should be unbanned.

Are you aware that all information provided must be true, and if found to be false, will result in an automatic rejection of this application?
Yes

Last edited:

tuppen23333

Donator
Water Poseidon
Water Sailor
Water Pirate
well written and good details, but you could improve your scenarios a bit since 2 is not what a good staff member would do

WhyMeBat2

Donator
Water Poseidon
Water Sailor
Water Pirate
this looks like a good application but in my opinion scenario two ruins it. i suggest reading some validated or past applications and reading what to do in that situation and change your application accordingly

sofawitch

Ranked Player
Kingdom Knight
Kingdom Prince
Kingdom King
Kingdom Emperor
@tuppen23333 , @WhyMeBat2 I want to say thank you for bringing this to my attention. I realized that my answer really didn't provide a resolution for the situation. So I've edited my answer while keeping the original answer there since I like to keep transparency. We all make mistakes that we learn from and improve from and that's what makes us better as an individuals. Again thank you for expressing your opinions. It helps a ton. I hope my new answer provides a better understanding of how I'd handle the situation. Love you guys!

WhyMeBat2

Donator
Water Poseidon
Water Sailor
Water Pirate
@tuppen23333 , @WhyMeBat2 I want to say thank you for bringing this to my attention. I realized that my answer really didn't provide a resolution for the situation. So I've edited my answer while keeping the original answer there since I like to keep transparency. We all make mistakes that we learn from and improve from and that's what makes us better as an individuals. Again thank you for expressing your opinions. It helps a ton. I hope my new answer provides a better understanding of how I'd handle the situation. Love you guys!
This is a great improvement but i think you should talk about talking to the player on how his friend can be unbanned. Referring to the unban requests forum page but best of luck!

sofawitch

Ranked Player
Kingdom Knight
Kingdom Prince
Kingdom King
Kingdom Emperor
This is a great improvement but i think you should talk about talking to the player on how his friend can be unbanned. Referring to the unban requests forum page but best of luck!
That is very true I have no clue why I didn't mention that. Thank you again.