Water Sailor
Water Pirate
User name: Rokaa

What is your username? Rokaa

Which realm are you applying for?
Water Skyblock

What time zone do you live in? PST

What is your first name? If required will disclose information in private

How old are you? 18+ (I try to keep personal information private, but will disclose to higher staff if needed)

What is your discord username? Rokaa#1314

Have you created any previous applications? If so, please link them here.
N/A

Why do you want to become a staff member on MineVille?
I would personally enjoy becoming another player in the Mineville team to help maintain a peaceful and helpful environment not just in water, but anywhere help is needed. I believe my contribution to players, old and new alike will be just enough to help assure a retained player base. During the late hours (when I'm usually on) it is calm and quiet for the most part, but I'd like to help ensure those hours are peaceful if I am given the opportunity.

What are three qualities that you have that make you stand out from the other applicants? The first vital quality of being a well rounded staff member is being understanding of situations. Knowing that every picture is never black nor white, but grey; I will always allocate as much time needed to understand every individual's point of view, and gather as much information to understand the whole picture. Secondly I believe my next quality is patience. For example, I have an abundance of patience with players and helping them understand the basics or advanced mechanics of the server. Finally, my third quality is my strong work ethic. When I am presented with a task, I pride myself on its completion to the best of my abilities.

Overall these qualities are heighten due to my managerial (work) experience ; I always seek criticism for improvement.

How many hours a day can you dedicate to Mineville?
I can contribute around 3-5 hours daily. During work/school this may vary. On Weekends I can contribute 5/6+ hours.

How long have you been playing on Mineville?
I started playing consistently on Water at beginning of January 2021.

Have you ever been banned or punished on our server or any of our other platforms? (Describe the situation/s)
Yes, I was temporarily banned for 3rd party trade. A joke was made in chat, but was taken as a serious inquiry; thus I received a week ban shortly after.

Do you have any past experience of being a staff member?
I've had a handful of experience watching variety of player-bases ranging from 40-50's to 200-500's

MatrixMC (Snapshot server)
- My First staffing position, I was given mod. I helped monitor a small player-base of around 30 players, this server was completely vanilla with command block to help run ranks and teleportation. My duties were to help the public learn of these vanilla commands to operate around the server, but also help organize seasonal events. Since majority of my work was interacting with players due to it being a snapshot server there was little to no hacking and most violators were inappropriate in chat or griefers. Resigned due to personal matters

SkySlammers (Prison)
- From survival to prison, I applied and became a helper and eventually promoted to Mod. I would occasionally help the Server manager with events and testing of new additions to the server, but overall interacted with player base to maintain the rules. The server shut down due to the network moving in a different direction (Skyblock)

SkyRegions (Skyblock)
- Newly released I applied to be helper. My time spent on the server was helping new players understand the tricky navigation of plugins presented on the server. I monitored chat and helped players with minor issues always reporting problems I cannot resolve to higher staff. Resigned due to personal disagreements with former admin

SerenityGames(Network)
- This network was of my own, created with a small group of friends. We developed two game-mode, but mostly focused on Skyblock the player base ranged of about 40-60 at peak. Majority of my ownership role was set on delegation since I knew the limitations of my own abilities at the time. On tasks not delegated I spent time configuring GUI's and creation of new monthly crates at the time. When I wasn't focused on development I shifted towards growing a staff team; reading over applications and having interviews with applicants.
Shut down due group leaving for personal reasons.

VentureVille (Survival/towny-ish)
- My final staffing position from helper to Senior Mod, I was around during the alpha/beta phases helping the owners with opinion inputs and help find bugs/exploits and overall help improve game experience. During the release of the server I mainly helped players understand the unique plugins created for the server and directing them to tutorials, handling disputes among "towns", scammers and griefers all-alike. Along with season 2 I helped implement a new economy and currency (since the old was was broken with spawners) and was promoted to mod then Sr.mod.
I resigned due to server's ownership changing.

Are you able to use some form of screenshot/recording software?
Yes I do have screenshot/recording implemented in my Mac, but if alternative recording software is needed I will adapt.

SCENARIO ONE: You are the only staff member online on any realm, and a report comes in from another realm that you are not familiar with and have no permissions on. What do you do?
To simply put, if I cannot find the answer to their question or resolve a problem, I will do my best to present that answer. Regards to their problem since I cannot do much I will go find an individual who can help resolve it or direct them to discord to submit a ticket.

SCENARIO TWO: You ban a player and them and their friends start messaging you calling you a bad staff member and telling you that you should unban them. What do you do?
My first action is to not ignore the player(s), but simply put if they believe their ban was unjustified to submit evidence and a forum appeal to be looked over. I will do my best to understand their point of view and manage their anger and frustration, but help as much as I can. Only if the player(s) refuse to listen and continue to argue, I will seek higher staff guidance to navigate the situation and act accordingly

Are you aware that all information provided must be true, and if found to be false, will result in an automatic rejection of this application?
Yes

WhyMeBat2

Donator
Water Poseidon
Water Sailor
Water Pirate
a great well written application. i’m always seeing you online in water and wish you the best of luck!

Phant

Dedicated
Well written and very detailed application. Although I dont play water judging by your app alone you seem to be a well rounded player, suited for staffing.

Best of luck!
- phant

Rokaa

Donator
Water Poseidon
Water Sailor
Water Pirate
Well written and very detailed application. Although I dont play water judging by your app alone you seem to be a well rounded player, suited for staffing.

Best of luck!
- phant
Come join any time I’d be more than happy to set you up!

Only met you today, but you were extremely nice and helpful! In addition, you have a stunning application. I hope to see a Trial tag on you the next time I'm on. 😄

Good luck my man!

~ Waffles

SoperDove

Your reasoning/ want for becoming a staff member is quite contradicting, sorta like a fire throwing water on itself.
oof these qualities I don't believe you would be seeing the grey area in most situations you'd be more viewing the more liked players perspective and argument more.

SoperDove

Only met you today, but you were extremely nice and helpful! In addition, you have a stunning application. I hope to see a Trial tag on you the next time I'm on. 😄

Good luck my man!

~ Waffles
There always nice in the beginning, its always down the road when you see there true colors. Rokaa to most is ok, but to others its not always pleasant.

Hallowqueen

Active
Asgard Monarch
I've had nothing but positive experiences with Rokaa on discord. He is very friendly and knowledgeable from what I can tell. I can't comment on his behaviour in-game as I never really venture to Water SB, but I would like to mention I have chatted with him often and he seems like a nice and genuine person.

Good-luck, Rokaa! 😄

SoperDove

I've had nothing but positive experiences with Rokaa on discord. He is very friendly and knowledgeable from what I can tell. I can't comment on his behaviour in-game as I never really venture to Water SB, but I would like to mention I have chatted with him often and he seems like a nice and genuine person.

Good-luck, Rokaa! 😄
like I said it varies depending on the person.