Reyeful's Helper Application

Reyeful

User name: Reyeful

What is your username? Reyeful

What is your discord username? Reyeful#9063

What is your first name? Mason

How old are you? 18

What time zone do you live in? CST

Have you created any previous applications, if so please link them here?
No

Why do you want to become a staff member on Mineville and what makes you stand out from the rest of the applicants?
There's probably not much that makes me "stand out" from other applicants, but I've found when I'm on I can't help but to help new players with their questions about commands and explaining how certain characteristics of the server work. As I've had years and years of experience, especially on skyblock servers, I have a good run around of all the commands and the alternate commands to getting things done. I'm really good at math so I have a few suggestions about changes to shop prices to balance them more (such as currently gold being worth more if sold in block form rather than ingot) and the cheapest block to buy per level currently being gold, with diamond somehow being more expensive than emerald per level. I really enjoy playing on this server and having conversations with the other players, as well as thoroughly explaining mechanics to better help new players efficiently prosper.

How many hours a day can you dedicate to Mineville?
During the week, probably 2-4 hours. During weekends, typically 6+ hours online and in chat

Which realm do you mainly play on?
Water

How long have you been playing on Mineville?
About a month and a half now

Have you ever been banned or punished on our server or any of our other platforms? (Describe the situation/s)
At the very start of the season 4, I was afk mining a lot and was subsequently punished for it. I personally didn't realize having an inanimate object holding down an attack key was considered a macro. Since buying an unban, I haven't broken any rules besides some cussing in global chat and I haven't really mined in weeks since it doesn't make any money after the double drops exploit.

Do you have any past experience of being a staff member?
Back when I was 14 and playing Minecraft a lot, I at one point owned and paid for my own server, as well as being a dedicated builder on one other server (neither of which I can remember the name of so I'm not surprised if these don't count)

Are you able to use some form of recording software?
Not as of right now, I'm aware there is a built in recording software on my pc but I have yet to take the time to learn how to truly use it.

SCENARIO ONE: You are unsure of how to punish a player or simply just don't have the power for the proper punishment. What do you do?
Contact a higher up staff member, explain the situation, give my input, and let them deal with the punishment so I can learn for future reference. If I'm aware that it is within my power to punish them, I'll look through the rules and punishments resources to identify the closest punishment to the problem.

SCENARIO TWO: You ban a player and them and their friends start messaging you calling you a bad staff member and telling you that you should unban them. What do you do?
Either ignore the player and player's friends, or tell them to make an appeal and/or buy an unban. It's not my personal responsibility to listen to ban appeals especially in a direct message format. To the original banned player, I'd give them the evidence of their punishment and explain the situation about why they were punished and re iterate the rules of the server to explain how the certain rule was broken.

Are you aware that all information provided must be true, and if found to be false, will result in an automatic rejection of this application?
Yes

Last edited:

Cerberus

Hey Rey I have seen you around Water and I think you are a great person but I would suggest to put more detail in why you want to become part of staff and what makes you stand out, but overall you are a great and helpful person ❤

NEONXDylan

This seems like a decent application, but I would say you need to put a bit more effort, and explanation into it. Anyway best of luck to you!

Super happy to see you apply. Personally I already know you to be a good and helpful player, but the higher staff that reviews these applications might not. I would just say get a little more in-depth on the scenario questions and the question on why you want to be staff. Those are important questions. ☺ Best of luck

rayrayk00

Hey Rey,
I have been able to witness you grow in the server recently, and you've done a great job with helping out people in chat. You're a very giving and generous person, which is something we definitely need as a member of the staff team. I truly do believe you have learned from your mistake with the macro experience, everyone has done stupid things before. I feel as if you would be a great addition to the staff team, however, that's based off of what I've witnessed in game. I feel as if your application does not do you justice, and doesn't show the higher staff team who you truly are if they haven't witness you in game. I would suggest adding more information to the question about why you want to be staff, because although your answer is honest, we like to see a lot of detail in that section about the strengths that you have and could offer to the team. As Noelle already said, the scenario questions are very important too, so I would consider elaborating more on what you would do in those situations. With these adjustments, I have a lot of faith that you could be an excellent addition to our team.
All the luck to you,
rayrayk00

Reyeful

Thank you guys, I made some changes to the suggested questions, although I'm not the most creative writer and I don't necessarily like highlighting skills of mine as I'm aware many other people can have these skills too (for fear of sounding stuck-up)