Discord Server

0 Members Online

Play.Mineville.Org

0 Members Online

Renting System

BY_Titan

I feel like there should be a renting system to make hotels possible. I remember there being one about a year ago (even before space-themed survival). How it will work is people pay you for them to be in specific chunks of your claims, or something like that. If there is already a similar system in place, please let me know.

Case

Active
no. make ur own shit

I could see something like this being mildly useful if in-game currency was difficult to come by, but it isn't so it's not that useful.

Apropergander

Well-known
I feel like there should be a renting system to make hotels possible. I remember there being one about a year ago (even before space-themed survival). How it will work is people pay you for them to be in specific chunks of your claims, or something like that. If there is already a similar system in place, please let me know.
While renting out would certainly be an interesting concept (perhaps one more well-well designed for a different theme) It would be pretty pointless in kingdoms survival. As a new player, there are a variety of easily accessible ways to make money as a beginner and as such, claims are easy to come by when wanting to lay a foundation for your kingdom. Renting land would suit almost no purpose otherwise unless it were leased as an advertising center or hub (which would much better if it was server hosted instead).

Furthermore, there are instances where kingdoms have sold off bits of land to other players/kingdoms which have bene utilized as residential areas and even shops, this was simply managed by one player selling off chunks to players interested in getting one, in which a house was built and the buyer would purchase it if interested.

Implementing a system in which this would be possible would require a plugin that would automatically take the money out of the player's balance and deposit it into a bank or your balance, while also being able to redact the ownership of that area or chunk should they fail to pay cost cycle consistently. It would also require players being able to sign a "contract" which would restrain any changes being made to the billing cycles, size, perms within the claim, etc.

One easier alternative to this would be to allow players to set perms within their claims for given roles in relation to the kingdom, such as ranks within the kingdom, allies, enemies, neutrals, etc. For example this would allow players to set a flag for an allied kingdom to be able to build within a certain chunk, or even allow players to PvP within that chunk, while not allowing them access to any other perm within said chunk. One issue with this, however, would mean that there would have to be a modification of the rules to adjust what can and can't be done regarding the adjustment of these perms.