Should it be illegal to Vault Hunt?

• Yes, it should be illegal.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it should not be illegal.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Fladoodles

Good afternoon, people of MineVille.
Today I’m here to introduce you to a problematic that’s been haunting the Kingdoms server for a few seasons now, it’s called vaultable hunting.

It consists of a group of people or an individual setting up an ambush or leading their victims into leaving their claims to kill them and steal their vaultables and other valuable items.
It’s been practiced by the same people for a long time, and the damage caused by it has made people lose their entire patrimony and hundreds of in real life dollars consequence of the criminal-like act.
And what’s worse, the server does not have any rules that protect the user or that prohibit the practice of this, making it feel almost like a factions server.

So I have come to you, players of Mineville to let your voices be heard, to put this matter under a vote, and to give you the opportunity to discuss about this issue, if we are to accept people to enrich themselves off our effort, betraying our trust or if we want a change in this stance.
I’d like to suggest the abolition of the legality of the practice, and would like the staff to take part to avoid these chaotic events that upset not only the victims but the entire community.
If you agree that the policy should be changed, state “I do” in your comment.

#MakeVaultableHuntingIllegal

i7xt

Active
My personal experience went like this, it consisted of 3 players which will remain unnamed for hate purposes. But, I had 2 vaults the cyber ax and cyber shovel. I had them and 2 of the players that will be listed unnamed tp'd to me asking this in such "hey can i see ur base?" I said sure because maybe we could be friends and move aside our past. (we fought a lot in the past) Anyways, he set a home there as did the other player. When the act happened. One of them asked me "hey i found a nice biome near ur base u wanna see it?" I said sure. He led me out to a flower biome a little ways from my kingdom. I then got killed after he said "hold on i need to see the coords" I luckily had one of my vaults in my echest but still a mean thing to do. I strongly disagree with the practice. I really think the staff should act on this subject.

TheHealthyDonut

I personally have not been affected by this, but the fact that players are losing actual money because of this really pisses me off. The players who have done these acts should be, in my opinion, permabanned for what they have done to the community.

Edit: why the hell would anyone dislike any of this? Probably the people doing it lol

Last edited:

Sub2JonnyB

Dedicated
The problem is, It's technically legal, but it shouldn't be. It's unfair, and should be punished as Harassment, because that's exactly what it is. I've had this happen only one time thank god, but I know people including good friends who've lost 100's of dollars worth of gear to people vault hunting. It should be banable, and treated as harassment.

I abstain, on the grounds that the terms of engagement should be more defined. I think the heart of the issue lies in the context.

The term 'vault haunting' lends itself to the idea that you are actively /hunting/, physically, for vaults. In of itself, that may not be such a bad thing. In the environment in question, Kingdoms, it would be far more acceptable to be considered a bandit than a con-man. Bandits do not try to gain your trust to later trick you. They are aggressive at point of contact.

Without some amount of structure, however, you would end up just having kingdoms that are really just factions that camp outside of larger kingdoms to ambush people. If we were to consider that the term 'kingdom' could attract those that are open to a semi-RP setting, this would not be such a bad thing. Those who wish to keep them safe will probably warn them when there have been frequent raids, or put up signs to help. Despite this, being that this is a video game, it's wise to assume a large group of people could effectively lay siege to your kingdom for quite some time, making the game difficult and unenjoyable for the residents.

With that in mind, I propose this;
In order to be able to PvP, you must claim yourself a Nomad (or wanderer, etc., whatever) independent of any kingdom. This will enable your PvP, and anyone you hit will be granted permissions to defend themselves (We can observe this mechanic being theoretically possible in the system that will punish you for logging out during combat). Upon your first successful kill, your Status will change to Bandit, and there will be a monetary reward for bringing your head to the Ruler of whatever kingdom you've acted against. The more you kill, the higher the bounty. When you yourself are defeated, you will be absolved and returned to nomad (Or maybe something else to indicate you were once a bandit?) until such time that you decide to do it again.

This will keep just anyone from using (or abusing, as I personally believe) the chat system to trick players out of their loot, which I firmly believe is against the spirit of not just the game (come on guys, have you not read the end credits? Honestly?) but also against the spirit of Kingdoms. Those who wish to be bandits and still choose to use this method, it will be publicly clear what your intentions could be.

Not only that, but /some/ of us work for the money we spend on this game. It can be hard out there, it's really uncool to betray someone's trust and take things they spent real hours of their life working hard to get. It's just unkind. Go out and find someone like a real hunter.

ALSO, some of these players are just kids. Literally candy from a baby. Rude.

Last edited:

LobCutie

Well-known
And what’s worse, the server does not have any rules that protect the user or that prohibit the practice of this, making it feel almost like a factions server.
  1. This would be incredibly hard to enforce. What is and isn't 'vaultable hunting'?. It would require really solid evidence to be able to punish for, and I'm 100% sure there would be ways to get around this/rule bend, which people will do.
  2. There are many rules already about pvp and this type of gameplay. Such as:
Abusing PvP Regions
Abusing any forms of PvP regions is not allowed. This includes but is not limited to:

• Abusing unintended Safezone spots in PvP (either for safety or advantage)
  • Escaping PvP arenas to return to Safezone by any means
  • Hitting / pulling other players into PvP while in Safezone / Warzone
  • Abusing other forms of damage while in Safezone/Spawn (custom enchantments, fishing rods)
and

PvP in Claimed Areas
PvP is enabled in Wilderness, and you cannot be attacked nor attack others in claimed land. Claiming chunks in Wilderness during PvP to give yourself/others an advantage is not allowed. You will be punished under the TP Killing Rule.

Using any means to bypass PvP protection in claimed land (such as explosive bows, fishing rods, lava, fire etc) is not allowed and will also be punished under the TP Killing rule.

as well as

TP/Warp Trapping or TP/Warp Killing
(1d Ban -> 3d Ban -> 7d Ban -> 30d Ban -> Permanent Ban)
When a player sends or is sent a teleport request or is told to warp somewhere with the purpose to trap or kill in any way. This applies to teleport requests and warps.

(If you're hesitant about a teleport, make sure you capture your game. This way, if they do trap or kill you we can help you out.)

I bolded PvP is enabled in the wilderness for a reason. If you go into the wilderness, and don't want to lose your stuff, put them away. This is a well known thing and sometimes it takes getting killed to find out.
This is how kingdoms works. The whole point of claiming your kingdom is for protection against griefers, looters, and killers. That is not factions. It's a basic survival and that involves pvp.

The reason why it's been "haunting" the kingdoms for several seasons is because it's part of the gameplay. Kingdoms is the only realm with an open world. If you want to be safe wherever you go except /warp pvp, play one of the skyblocks or asgard prison.

All I can say is maybe they'll have pvp disabled on Empire when it releases, so you can go play there. Otherwise kingdoms will stay the same as it always has been, and you can go play something else if you don't like it. PvP isn't for everyone.

And by the way, you used to be able to pvp in claims. They've already toned it down.

_xNico

Dedicated
  1. This would be incredibly hard to enforce. What is and isn't 'vaultable hunting'?. It would require really solid evidence to be able to punish for, and I'm 100% sure there would be ways to get around this/rule bend, which people will do.
Abusing PvP Regions
Abusing any forms of PvP regions is not allowed. This includes but is not limited to:

• Abusing other forms of damage while in Safezone/Spawn (custom enchantments, fishing rods)
and

PvP in Claimed Areas
PvP is enabled in Wilderness, and you cannot be attacked nor attack others in claimed land. Claiming chunks in Wilderness during PvP to give yourself/others an advantage is not allowed. You will be punished under the TP Killing Rule.

Using any means to bypass PvP protection in claimed land (such as explosive bows, fishing rods, lava, fire etc) is not allowed and will also be punished under the TP Killing rule.

as well as

When a player sends or is sent a teleport request or is told to warp somewhere with the purpose to trap or kill in any way. This applies to teleport requests and warps.

(If you're hesitant about a teleport, make sure you capture your game. This way, if they do trap or kill you we can help you out.)

I bolded PvP is enabled in the wilderness for a reason. If you go into the wilderness, and don't want to lose your stuff, put them away. This is a well known thing and sometimes it takes getting killed to find out.
This is how kingdoms works. The whole point of claiming your kingdom is for protection against griefers, looters, and killers. That is not factions. It's a basic survival and that involves pvp.

The reason why it's been "haunting" the kingdoms for several seasons is because it's part of the gameplay. Kingdoms is the only realm with an open world. If you want to be safe wherever you go except /warp pvp, play one of the skyblocks or asgard prison.

All I can say is maybe they'll have pvp disabled on Empire when it releases, so you can go play there. Otherwise kingdoms will stay the same as it always has been, and you can go play something else if you don't like it. PvP isn't for everyone.

And by the way, you used to be able to pvp in claims. They've already toned it down.
someone with a brain to actually give reasons for why ur idea is so dumb. there is no point to disable pvp in wild or something to lose vaultables aka something u dont have and never have. if its something u dont have why should it concern u?

I abstain, on the grounds that the terms of engagement should be more defined. I think the heart of the issue lies in the context.

The term 'vault haunting' lends itself to the idea that you are actively /hunting/, physically, for vaults. In of itself, that may not be such a bad thing. In the environment in question, Kingdoms, it would be far more acceptable to be considered a bandit than a con-man. Bandits do not try to gain your trust to later trick you. They are aggressive at point of contact.

Without some amount of structure, however, you would end up just having kingdoms that are really just factions that camp outside of larger kingdoms to ambush people. If we were to consider that the term 'kingdom' could attract those that are open to a semi-RP setting, this would not be such a bad thing. Those who wish to keep them safe will probably warn them when there have been frequent raids, or put up signs to help. Despite this, being that this is a video game, it's wise to assume a large group of people could effectively lay siege to your kingdom for quite some time, making the game difficult and unenjoyable for the residents.

With that in mind, I propose this;
In order to be able to PvP, you must claim yourself a Nomad (or wanderer, etc., whatever) independent of any kingdom. This will enable your PvP, and anyone you hit will be granted permissions to defend themselves (We can observe this mechanic being theoretically possible in the system that will punish you for logging out during combat). Upon your first successful kill, your Status will change to Bandit, and there will be a monetary reward for bringing your head to the Ruler of whatever kingdom you've acted against. The more you kill, the higher the bounty. When you yourself are defeated, you will be absolved and returned to nomad (Or maybe something else to indicate you were once a bandit?) until such time that you decide to do it again.

This will keep just anyone from using (or abusing, as I personally believe) the chat system to trick players out of their loot, which I firmly believe is against the spirit of not just the game (come on guys, have you not read the end credits? Honestly?) but also against the spirit of Kingdoms. Those who wish to be bandits and still choose to use this method, it will be publicly clear what your intentions could be.

Not only that, but /some/ of us work for the money we spend on this game. It can be hard out there, it's really uncool to betray someone's trust and take things they spent real hours of their life working hard to get. It's just unkind. Go out and find someone like a real hunter.

ALSO, some of these players are just kids. Literally candy from a baby. Rude.
Might as well make pvp turned off if ur saying it like this LMAO

Might as well make pvp turned off if ur saying it like this LMAO
Do you feel this way because you lack the skill to kill someone who isn't caught off guard? If it were easy for you to kill just anyone you found, it would not be necessary to con them into it. I respect skill. If I know what I'm getting in to, and I lose, that's fair. I had a chance. This is not sharks and minnows, this is /minecraft/ survival. Not Rust, not a battle royal match. Most of us are in survival because we like the challenge of building with what we have to work for.

Fladoodles

Abusing PvP Regions

and

PvP in Claimed Areas

as well as

Well then we want to have a vote to have that changed, cause we are not enjoying having abusive players take out stuff, and if the staff makes a poll they’ll find out more people want to play a peaceful kingdoms experience, if you want to fight people go find a factions server.

Fladoodles

Do you feel this way because you lack the skill to kill someone who isn't caught off guard? If it were easy for you to kill just anyone you found, it would not be necessary to con them into it. I respect skill. If I know what I'm getting in to, and I lose, that's fair. I had a chance. This is not sharks and minnows, this is /minecraft/ survival. Not Rust, not a battle royal match. Most of us are in survival because we like the challenge of building with what we have to work for.
i agree with this, and scammers are not using skill, they‘re outright cat fishing people to com e outside ir the claims, there must be a new regulation for this sort of stuff!

LobCutie

Well-known
Well then we want to have a vote to have that changed, cause we are not enjoying having abusive players take out stuff, and if the staff makes a poll they’ll find out more people want to play a peaceful kingdoms experience, if you want to fight people go find a factions server.
did you really just say “no u” in 3 sentences?

Why opt for changing a major aspect of the entire realm and kicking out old players?

Makes much more sense for you and the other babies who can’t pvp to leave if you don’t like it.

If you don’t want to fight people go find a creative server.

LobCutie

Well-known
Did you agree with this thread because you lack the skill to run away and heal in pvp? Did you agree because you don’t understand mechanics of survival and didn’t put your stuff away before going into a pvp zone?

_xNico

Dedicated
"take our stuff" no one wants ur prot 3.

i7xt

Active
Abusing PvP Regions

and

PvP in Claimed Areas

as well as

I didn't know kingdoms which is a SURVIVAL server, has turned into factions. Go back to factions you nons.