Discord Server

0 Members Online

Play.Mineville.Org

0 Members Online

Possible way to improve communication between players and staff

Zxcyy

Active
Many players can agree with me that finding bugs is always annoying and slows down the flow of play, and staff would find it annoying constantly hearing the same bugs and complaints over and over. What if there was some form of Forum or discord section that told players a list of any known bugs; plus the priority on how fast it will take to complete and if so a possible patch date. In addition the table could also show possible plans of action to solve the problem, whether its disabling the cause of the bug or going another way to fix it whichever. Below is a mock up design i have put together.

Known BugsPossible FixPriority(High, Medium, Low)Possible Patch Release
Coinflip Leaderboard Crashing Kingdomdisable coinflips to stop server crashingHighMidway Through Season
No Nether Star In Shop On WaterImplement Nether Stars into Misc Section Of StoreLowJune 26th 2020
Chunk Corruption WaterDisabling All Minions To Possibly stop chunk corruptionMediumJuly 4th 2020

To take this to another level the tables could be separated into tables regarding each Realm: Water, Kingdoms, Village and Asgard. This reduces clutter in the tables but also allows the staff members plus developers etc to see which bugs still remain upon each realm. I honestly hope this suggestion is taken into consideration as this will reduce frustration from players feeling like anything they report is being ignored. All feedback is welcome and if you feel you could create a better design, please feel free to challenge me on this in the comments.

Have a pleasant day!

Cowwi

I think this is a great idea ^-^! It would prevent staff from getting complaints at them all the time on things they can’t fix and reduce player frustrations :3 Plus if newer players join and ask about bugs or why something isn’t working there would be a page to direct them too
Zxcyy is a big brain man
-Cowwi

Pin

I think this is a great idea ^-^! It would prevent staff from getting complaints at them all the time on things they can’t fix and reduce player frustrations :3 Plus if newer players join and ask about bugs or why something isn’t working there would be a page to direct them too
Zxcyy is a big brain man
-Cowwi
This is very amaze, I agree

Aydiii

Active
The list would be way too long to read cause they fucked water that much LMFAO

owven

Dedicated
honestly making a list of all the bugs would be like writing an entire book, the list would really just be too long to read

Zxcyy

Active
honestly making a list of all the bugs would be like writing an entire book, the list would really just be too long to read
It be like the bible

Hallowqueen

I’m fairly new to MV, but having experience on both the player side and staffing side of various other Minecraft Servers, I do have a few comments to add to this.

Firstly, of course it is important to keep players updated with what’s going on, however, it isn’t particularly moderation staffs’ job to resolve bugs/issues, and is typically more something which comes with the developer/admin role - so regardless, complaining to or harassing staff members about bugs won’t really resolve anything, as all they are typically able to do is report them, the same way player can.

Secondly, I do think this would be a good idea to implement. I’m not too sure if there is a changelog to update players when a bug has been resolved, but either way, I think this would also be a nice addition to even the forums or via a command in-game, so players who may not have access to discord are still kept in the loop.

MineVille’s sister server has something similar, where the changelog displays as you login to hub, and I think this is something which - If not already a feature - would greatly benefit MV too.

Bugs are certainly frustrating, but, they’re apart of every server - it’s rare to find a server without bugs, but it’s important to keep in mind the developers try their best to resolve them as quickly as possible.

Zxcyy

Active
I’m fairly new to MV, but having experience on both the player side and staffing side of various other Minecraft Servers, I do have a few comments to add to this.

Firstly, of course it is important to keep players updated with what’s going on, however, it isn’t particularly moderation staffs’ job to resolve bugs/issues, and is typically more something which comes with the developer/admin role - so regardless, complaining to or harassing staff members about bugs won’t really resolve anything, as all they are typically able to do is report them, the same way player can.

Secondly, I do think this would be a good idea to implement. I’m not too sure if there is a changelog to update players when a bug has been resolved, but either way, I think this would also be a nice addition to even the forums or via a command in-game, so players who may not have access to discord are still kept in the loop.

MineVille’s sister server has something similar, where the changelog displays as you login to hub, and I think this is something which - If not already a feature - would greatly benefit MV too.

Bugs are certainly frustrating, but, they’re apart of every server - it’s rare to find a server without bugs, but it’s important to keep in mind the developers try their best to resolve them as quickly as possible.
from what i made i was not referring to the likes of staff members below admin, i meant admins+. There is a changelog but what im suggesting is just simply more communication to say were currently looking into so and so etc

bearlyloved

Active
I really do agree to this. It would make everything so much easier on the staffs side, and even the players.

Hope they think about doing this.