Murfes's Helper Application

Murfes

User name: Murfes

What is your username? Murfess

What is your discord username? Murfes#4178

What is your first name? Jason

How old are you? 15

What time zone do you live in? Eastern Standard

Have you created any previous applications, if so please link them here?
N/A

Why do you want to become a staff member on Mineville and what makes you stand out from the rest of the applicants?
I want to become staff on Mineville for many reasons. One of these being the apparent lack of knowledgeable factions staff on Village. With the newest release of Village season 4, I want to be there alongside some of the few experienced faction players that are currently on the staff team to help this season of factions be much better than the past few. For the last two seasons of factions, there has been the repeating pattern of the season "dying out" going from about 150-200 players daily to basically 30-40 by the end of the season. One great improvement that the server has made recently has been the introduction of weekly payouts instead of once every season. One way I believe Village can keep up its steam is by having welcoming staff and high ranking faction leaders be nicer to new players and make the server more appealing for these players. I believe I can be kind and helpful and allow new players feel more welcome, though I cannot do it myself. If everybody is kind enough to new players just looking for help then the server CAN last longer and I feel that even without being a staff member I've been kind and helpful to new players when possible. There are very few staff that understands strict factions rules such as cannons. Though I may not be as experienced with cannons as some staff such as Skrr and Kbrowne, my experience playing factions for the past four months or so has given me awareness that other applicants just don't have.

How many hours a day can you dedicate to Mineville?
About 4-6 hours on weekdays and probably around 7-9 on weekends and Fridays.

Which realm do you mainly play on?
Village Factions

How long have you been playing on Mineville?
I've been playing since around mid-August near the early days of Village Factions.

Have you ever been banned or punished on our server or any of our other platforms? (Describe the situation/s)
Yes, I've had multiple simple chat warnings and mutes in the past. On my first offence of unintentional advertisement I was simply talking in public chat about how I have never heard of anybody using that particular server as a practice pvp server. For my warning of spam and second offence of unintentional advertisement, my factionmate SkrrAquafina had just gotten promoted to staff, and everybody in my faction was trolling him by spamming and saying server names and I got what I deserved.

Do you have any past experience of being a staff member?
No I do not have any previous experience of being a staff member, but I do run a private survival server with my friends and am aware of basic staff commands and I'm eager to learn more.

Are you able to use some form of recording software?
Yes, I have access to stream labs OBS to record.

SCENARIO ONE: You are unsure of how to punish a player or simply just don't have the power for the proper punishment. What do you do?
Well, without the power to dish out the proper punishment, I would simply contact a higher up staff member with both the evidence and the proper punishment for the player. If no higher-up staff member is available or none are responding, I would hand out a temporary lesser punishment that can then be undone and replaced with the proper punishment when possible.

SCENARIO TWO: You ban a player and them and their friends start messaging you calling you a bad staff member and telling you that you should unban them. What do you do?
I would reply simply with a link to both the evidence of their friend's ban and also a link for them to send to their banned friend to a ban appeal.

Are you aware that all information provided must be true, and if found to be false, will result in an automatic rejection of this application?
Yes

I love the dude and fully trust in his judgement as a staff member. He's got a way to communicate between two not so friendly cliques like it's nothing. From my past experiences with him, he's a pretty leveled person and also a passionate Village player who's garnered himself a respect from the community, versed in the ins and outs of /ftop organized gameplay which can help him analyze a situation properly should it arise, and a long-term commitment to Mineville as the network he chooses to play on. He's got my vote

Knicks_GG

Honestly, I've known Murfes since season 1, and from then he has proven that he truly deserves this. Overall, Murfes is a very respectful person that is open and willing to help many newcomers. Murfes sometimes even goes out of his way to help people with their problems rather than prioritizing his own.

Murfes

I love the dude and fully trust in his judgement as a staff member. He's got a way to communicate between two not so friendly cliques like it's nothing. From my past experiences with him, he's a pretty leveled person and also a passionate Village player who's garnered himself a respect from the community, versed in the ins and outs of /ftop organized gameplay which can help him analyze a situation properly should it arise, and a long-term commitment to Mineville as the network he chooses to play on. He's got my vote
Thanks a lot Band ! Ily <3

Murfes

Honestly, I've known Murfes since season 1, and from then he has proven that he truly deserves this. Overall, Murfes is a very respectful person that is open and willing to help many newcomers. Murfes sometimes even goes out of his way to help people with their problems rather than prioritizing his own.
Thank You Knicks ! Ily <3

Last edited:

Lighthoused

Moderator+
Moderator+
Hi there!

Thank you for your application. I really appreciate how thorough you were when answering the questions, and feel as though you're a great candidate to join the factions staff. I do however want to make sure you're aware that staff members for Mineville are not allowed to participate in factions gameplay. Would that change your interest in being a staff member at all?

Best of luck!
Lighthoused

Murfes

Hi there!

Thank you for your application. I really appreciate how thorough you were when answering the questions, and feel as though you're a great candidate to join the factions staff. I do however want to make sure you're aware that staff members for Mineville are not allowed to participate in factions gameplay. Would that change your interest in being a staff member at all?

Best of luck!
Lighthoused
Thank you! Yes I am aware that I will not be able to participate in factions as a staff member but I’m willing to make that sacrifice to get the experience of being a staff member.