Discord Server

0 Members Online

Play.Mineville.Org

0 Members Online

Kingdom Survival's Several Issues.

Phantasium_

Dedicated
Over the course of over a year that I have been playing Mineville (Kingdom Survival mostly), I had never experienced any severe issues until the release of Kingdom Survival Season 4 in early June 2020.

Once the new season was released to the public OG players as well as many new players flooded onto the realm, from the first week or two the realm was performing wonderfully, there was almost no lag at all and the economy was at a steady pace. But, things started to change, new additions to the new season of Kingdoms were a huge let down for people, such as the /rename perk. I would guess from Season 1 until the end of season 3, it was a rename perk purchasable in the store with a Minebuck gift card or IRL money. When season 4 started this was removed and was replaced with 2 glow colors, which made me wonder who the hell thought of that.

Another difference that was a let down for the new season of kingdoms was the new Minebucks shop. You could no longer use Minebucks as gift cards on the shop to buy things such as tags, items, and perks. Now there was a new bucks shop that really isn't that great. The prices for ranks in the shop rarely resembled the price of them in the store, and many items were way overpriced.

Also, as the new season kicked off many new bugs became apparent. Such as terrible lag spikes with the TPS dropping to as low as 2 over 5 times an hour. Countless other bugs that were pretty severe also causing trouble on the server. These types of bugs were ignored for weeks at a time, and when fixed just came back a couple of days later. Minimal effort was made to fix the more severe bugs on Kingdoms, while irrelevant bugs that have little to no difference in gameplay on other realms seemed to bring in much more attention. Kingdoms was neglected daily and more problems became apparent.

One huge let down for the server was the economy reset. The economy of season 4 of kingdoms resembled Season 2, people had huge amounts of money and huge farms they invested hours of work and money into building and was all removed in around 3 days. People spent hundreds of dollars on items to help them make huge amounts of money. I saw no issue with the way the economy was going, this was never an issue before on the realm itself. Everything people worked very hard for was just removed like that, spawners, money, everything basically.

There was also a difference in behavior in the realm after many issues on Kingdoms were never handled, and from the economy reset. More server disrespect bans popped up, and staff became more angry and strict. You couldn't even tell staff hiding from players that someone was hacking in the chat itself without being warned / muted for hackusating.

Kingdoms went into a nosedive once season 4 was released, and over 80% of the original player base has abandoned the server because of the lack of effort to fix the realm. Season 2 and 3 were great seasons, issues were resolved hours after they occurred and the seasons ran smoothly. Season 4 was in my opinion the worst season I have ever played on this server, and I hope some drastic changes happen on season 5.

Another problem that players are facing, especially pvpers is that isles will not have PVP enabled. Many players were hoping for pvp to be enabled in this area, it seemed like a great idea to fight for wealth, similar to real-life just more violent in a sense. Once players heard that PVP was not going to be enabled in this region the original players still lost more motivation to play on the realm and the entire server.

I hope kingdoms will be great like it was in seasons previous to 4, and that a new player base will thrive and connect with the original player base left.

Sincerely, Phantazium

LobCutie

Well-known
I agree, season 4 was far from the best, but it is over now.

All we can do is move on and hope things change for the better. The owners/staff have talked about these issues before, some of them have been fixed and even more are planned to be fixed for the new season. Tbh nothing good can come up from bringing these issues up again, as I'm sure the staff and owners know about most of these complaints already and have planned to make things better. Nobody knows more than me that dissing on the server leads nowhere, it's better to quit or take a break if you don't like things. Personally when the economy reset I lost a lot of interest, and I've basically stopped playing since then, but I hope season five will bring some people back.

I'm sure next season will have it's own bugs and problems, but let's hope they are resolved in a timely manner! I've seen a lot of improvement coming from the staff team and owners in the past couple months, and it really does seem like they are trying to undo the damage the server took (globally, kingdoms wasn't the only realm who lost a big chunk of their playerbase this summer) earlier this year.

Phantasium_

Dedicated
I agree, season 4 was far from the best, but it is over now.

All we can do is move on and hope things change for the better. The owners/staff have talked about these issues before, some of them have been fixed and even more are planned to be fixed for the new season. Tbh nothing good can come up from bringing these issues up again, as I'm sure the staff and owners know about most of these complaints already and have planned to make things better. Nobody knows more than me that dissing on the server leads nowhere, it's better to quit or take a break if you don't like things. Personally when the economy reset I lost a lot of interest, and I've basically stopped playing since then, but I hope season five will bring some people back.

I'm sure next season will have it's own bugs and problems, but let's hope they are resolved in a timely manner! I've seen a lot of improvement coming from the staff team and owners in the past couple months, and it really does seem like they are trying to undo the damage the server took (globally, kingdoms wasn't the only realm who lost a big chunk of their playerbase this summer) earlier this year.
I completely agree.

Diamondddd

Forums Addict
New season, hope your issues are solved now.

teun4lol

Active
Season 4 is already over but it feels like the year 2020

Diamondddd

Forums Addict
Make crate keys obtainable from isles.