SATURDAY, AUGUST 17TH - 12PM EST
As you may have noticed, we have been updating/migrating our realms during the summer to run on our custom 1.13 server software. This has allowed for large amounts of players to play on 1.13 lag-free (something that no other big network currently does). We are happy of the results so far. We have come a long way from the poor 1.13 performance and spawner system which were causing <10 TPS and frequent unstacking/disappearing of spawners. Now that both Water and Village have been optimized and are running on our own custom software, we are moving to the last phase of the migration: Kingdom & Space. Kingdom and space will merge and reset on August 17th 12PM EST.
What does this mean for Kingdom?
For Kingdom, we will be resetting the realm and updating it to latest software in addition to other changes as well. Some of these changes are:
- New race system (Samurai, Ronin, & Artisans)
- Re-implementation of Jobs
- Shop tweaks and economy balancing
- New spawner system
- New entity stacking system
- New dropped entity stacking system
- Lots of optimizations
- Added the Kingdom Manager GUI (/k)
- Claiming land will now cost money. Each chunk claimed will go up by $500 each time. The base price is $1,000
- Max claims set at 1,000 (un-bypassable)
- Addition of the /k claims command (will list all claims your Kingdom has)
- Addition of the /k bank command (deposit/withdraw money directly from your Kingdom. To withdraw, you have to be Moderator rank or above)
- Spawn changes
- New scoreboard
- New leaderboard system (fixed heads not updating)
- and more..
**Please keep in mind that we intend for Season 2 of Kingdom to be longer than Season 1 which has been a 4-month season.
What does this mean for Space?
After exploring all options for both realms, we have decided that closing Space and merging it with Kingdom will be best for our survival community. Space is currently riddled with bugs which is a result of it being the very first realm to experiment with our custom software. We believe that closing space down and merging it with Kingdom will re-unite the survival community and make for less room for bugs to go unnoticed as we will now be focusing our efforts on one single realm.
What does this mean for Space players that had ranks?
If you had a space rank, it will be moved over to Kingdom! Here is how the rank migration will work (it has been based off of perks not pricing!):
- Cosmonaut --> Knight
- Engineer --> Prince/Princess
- Pilot --> King/Queen
- Commander --> Emperor/Empress
Space will be shutdown, therefore, all balances, inventories, vaults, statistics, quest points, and builds will be gone permanently. Feel free to re-build on your new bug-free and lag-free home, Kingdom 2.0!
MineVille Resource Pack
Yes, MineVIlle will have its own resource pack. We will not be changing Minecraft textures, however. We are only utilizing this resource pack to add custom models and wearables. Exclusive monthly crates may have custom models from now on like an actual scythe in the Halloween crate!
Our earliest version of the Texture pack will be automatically downloaded once you join MineVille starting Saturday (8/1719) at 1AM EST
If you are a Kingdom or a Space player, you will be to vault your exclusive crate items! This means you can vault:
- Any item that has "Season Vault Access" in its lore such as: (Pride, Spring, Lucky, Freedom, Mystery, Valentines, Paradise, or Summer items).
- If your item does not have "Season Vault Access" in its lore, then it means that it will not be allowed inside the vault. Please keep in mind that not all exclusive crate items can be vaulted, some do not have "Season Vault Access" in their lores.
To access the reset vaults, use /vault ingame. To know when exactly the vaults will open, make sure you keep an eye on the #changelog channel on our discord server (https://discord.mineville.org)
We are one step closer to releasing prison. Our viking-themed take on the Prison gamemode is coming soon to Mineville. We do not have a set release date yet but we assure you it will be out in September!
Finally, The Reset Competition
For the end of Kingdom and Space season 1, we're hosting four competitions for:
- Most wealthy Kingdom
- Most wealthy Clan
- Best looking Kingdom
- Best looking Clan
- Your username
- Your Kingdom/Clan's leader username
- The co-ordinates to your Kingdom/Clan
If you bought any keys or black market items (minions, wands, trench tools, spawners, etc) within 10 days on either space or kingdom you will get them back once you join Kingdom 2.0
See you on Saturday to kickoff an amazing Kingdom season!
- Show all