Discord Server

0 Members Online

Play.Mineville.Org

0 Members Online

Guide to the Ancient Trials

OrionAlter

Active
In Asgard, winning ancient trials gives you Ancient Tokens that can be exchanged for cool rewards such as Prot 5 armor and Sharp 6 sword. In addtion to that, once you collect the whole 4 armor pieces, you get a set bonuses which permanently gives you speed 3, take 20% less damage and 25% chance for mobs to drop 5x their xp.

However, ancient trial is definitely time taking and hard to complete if you dont play with strategy. In this post, I will teach you guys how to pass each stage.

First and foremost, I recommend using the tank kit, I currently have a 100% win rate using it and it is just the best out of the 3 kits. In addition, feel free to always run around to regen, the trials does not end for a long time, you have all the time in the world.

Wave 1: Zombies
This wave is basically free xp, fighting zombies is one of the basics of minecraft and you should be able to do this without any trouble.

Wave 2: Zombies and Skeleton
In this wave, 3 skeletons will spawn near the outer belt, you should find them and kill them first. After you kill them, its just zombies and its basically free xp.

Wave 3: Pigman and Wither Skeletons
This round is slightly harder as they both are resistent to fire and deal tons of damage, what you want to do is kill the pigman first and then kill the wither skeletons 1 by 1, this is make sure you lose minimum health and if done well, you will lose 0 health. As for the pigman, kite them using the outer belt of the arena by hitting while walk backwards.

Wave 4: Shulker Box and Magmacube
This wave is the best if done well. First target the shukler boxes, try to focus on killing all 3 boxes before going onto the magmacubes. If you get hit and start levitating, find the closest platform and make sure you take the least fall damage. after that magmacubes can just be treated as free xp.

Wave 5: Stray, Husk, Polar Bears
This wave is tactical, as you will want to fight all 3 at the same time, when they come to you, crounch while walking backwards and start hitting the polar bears and husk, and use them as a shield for the stray's arrow. Repeat this for the remaining 2 sides. However, in this round, if you start Tank kit as recommended, please get the OP sword in the middle before completing the round. You do this by leaving one mob alive.

Wave 6: Witch and ENDERMAN
This wave is one of the harder waves and is where people die, however, once you get the OP sword, just hit them while walking back and they will be dead in 2-3 hits. You really shouldn't lose much health with tank kit and OP sword. Then kill the witches, they should be easy, but just try not to go to the next round with a poison effect on you. But also dont use anything such as milk bucket or gapples.

Wave 7: Evoker
This wave is one of the more satisfying rounds. You simply go for the evokers that are spawning and after that, just run around the arena while waiting for the "bats" to die because their summoner is dead.

Wave 8: Blaze, Vindicator
In this wave, you want to drag the vindicators to follow you to the outer belt and kill them. Kill all of them before going to the middle to finish of the blazes, just beware of your health and if you are starting to be low, just run back to the outer belt and wait to heal up, the trial wont end any soon. In this round, if you have been collecting the xp diligently, you should also have enough to get the OP bow with 30 levels of XP.

Wave 9: Blaze, Ghast and IRON GOLEM
Arguably one of the hardest rounds purely because of the Iron golems, they do lots of damage as well as having similar range to you. You want to drag the iron golems to the outer belt and kill them 1 by 1. If you ever become low, just run around the outer belt and regen. After you kill the iron golems, use your bow to kill the ghast. And then lastly the blazes.

Wave 10: ZULRAH
The boy has finally come and he is an absolute beast, I can not describe how you could beat this monster, however, it is all about being a coward and running away every time you become low. And now, there is no shame in running away, its just strategy. When you are low, just run away, becareful as he will shoot projectiles that does lots of damage. When ever you become low, jsut run and regen. And repeat. If you become really low and you dont have enough time to run away, this is when you use your golden apples, however, I was able to clear the trial without any apples being used, so you should be able to as well. Once he is around 100 health, just go all in (full health) and he shouldnt have enough damage to kill you as long as you circle kite him.

This is my guide to the Ancient Trials and if you have any questions, just ask here or send me a message in game.

This has been Orion. Peace

OrionAlter

Active
Good read! Maybe now i can get past wave 2 XD
I must say however, Ancient Trials is quite time taking. So getting those ancient gear is an absolute grind.

crzy_chef

Well-known
Thank you!
This could come in handy if i ever feel brave enough to fight :ROFLMAO:

iLxtt

I video would be nice xD. Keep dying on the final boss bottle which is infuriating

Flynii

Active
I don't play Asgard a lot, but i'm sure this will be handy in the future.
Thanks man!

Icy

I'd like to add my own advice into this thread. It took me a few tries to learn the patterns for each wave, but I can almost guarantee a win every time I play now. I use the Archer class, as the Infinity enchant is invaluable.

Waves 1-5: Almost everything is the same, except you just snipe the priority targets (Skeletons, Shulkers, Strays) from farther away. The wither skeletons also have a rather short aggro range to just pull them 1 at a time, and kill them before they reach you.

Wave 4: You should have plenty of xp saved up to buy the armor, just in case you miss an enemy around a corner or something.

WAVE 5: DO NOT kill everything in this wave until you are in a spot safe from endermen. There are a couple spots that are 2.5 blocks tall on 3 sides of the arena. Next to each entrance to the outer ring, there are structures made of cauldrons on either side. On the outside of these (farthest away from the gateway to the outer ring) there is a small corner you can hide in. The witches will not follow you over there either, so kill the endermen first. Additionally, polar bears don't count as essential enemies I guess, so the next round will begin even if there is still a polar bear alive. (This has killed me many times because I always forget)

Wave 7: The vexes will do a lot of damage, so run around the outside ring, taking 1 shot at an Evoker as you pass by the gateways. This is where I usually save my golden apples and health potions for. It takes a bit of time to pass this wave in this method, but that also leaves more xp on the ground from the vexes.

Wave 8-9: Normal kiting and sniping blazes and ghasts. Only pull 1 golem at a time, they can still really hurt.

Zulrah: From what I've seen, he has 4 different forms:
Fire: Will shoot fireballs at you, dealing about 1 heart and catching you on fire. Easily negated with a fire potion. Will also occasionally put fire on the floor, which again use a potion.
Ice: Will shoot snowballs at you, dealing 1-2 hearts and slowing you. Stay near the beacon at the center for the speed boost, or buy milk or a speed potion.
Wither: Will shoot wither skulls at you, applying the Wither affect for 5ish seconds. He also has a constant aura applying Wither. Some milk will remove the affect, maybe a couple ender pearls to get away quickly.
Charging?: He charges at you, hits for a few hearts and give like 4 seconds of confusion, and sometimes slows you to where you basically can't move. Ender pearl away, he will kill you. I've tried running around corners and the charge still always connects. I'm sure there's a way to dodge it but I haven't found it.

Most importantly, keep your space. Shoot a few arrows, then run a bit. you can also keep track of him (and all enemies) through walls but sneaking.

Hope this helps give a different perspective on how to beat the trials! Good Luck!

Last edited:

OrionAlter

Active
I'd like to add my own advice into this thread. It took me a few tries to learn the patterns for each wave, but I can almost guarantee a win every time I play now. I use the Archer class, as the Infinity enchant is invaluable.

Waves 1-5: Almost everything is the same, except you just snipe the priority targets (Skeletons, Shulkers, Strays) from farther away. The wither skeletons also have a rather short aggro range to just pull them 1 at a time, and kill them before they reach you.

Wave 4: You should have plenty of xp saved up to buy the armor, just in case you miss an enemy around a corner or something.

WAVE 5: DO NOT kill everything in this wave until you are in a spot safe from endermen. There are a couple spots that are 2.5 blocks tall on 3 sides of the arena. Next to each entrance to the outer ring, there are structures made of cauldrons on either side. On the outside of these (farthest away from the gateway to the outer ring) there is a small corner you can hide in. The witches will not follow you over there either, so kill the endermen first.

Wave 7: The vexes will do a lot of damage, so run around the outside ring, taking 1 shot at an Evoker as you pass by the gateways. This is where I usually save my golden apples and health potions for. It takes a bit of time to pass this wave in this method, but that also leaves more xp on the ground from the vexes.

Wave 8-9: Normal kiting and sniping blazes and ghasts. Only pull 1 golem at a time, they can still really hurt.

Zulrah: From what I've seen, he has 4 different forms:
Fire: Will shoot fireballs at you, dealing about 1 heart and catching you on fire. Easily negated with a fire potion. Will also occasionally put fire on the floor, which again use a potion.
Ice: Will shoot snowballs at you, dealing 1-2 hearts and slowing you. Stay near the beacon at the center for the speed boost, or buy milk or a speed potion.
Wither: Will shoot wither skulls at you, applying the Wither affect for 5ish seconds. He also has a constant aura applying Wither. Some milk will remove the affect, maybe a couple ender pearls to get away quickly.
Charging?: He charges at you, hits for a few hearts and give like 4 seconds of confusion, and sometimes slows you to where you basically can't move. Ender pearl away, he will kill you. I've tried running around corners and the charge still always connects. I'm sure there's a way to dodge it but I haven't found it.

Most importantly, keep your space. Shoot a few arrows, then run a bit. you can also keep track of him (and all enemies) through walls but sneaking.

Hope this helps give a different perspective on how to beat the trials! Good Luck!
Excellent.

I would love to see a video on this, although I can read and follow these directions, I will forget what I am doing when I start playing and will die around Enderman or Evoker level, so the written directions wont help me that much.