Discord Server

0 Members Online

Play.Mineville.Org

0 Members Online

Beginners guide to Asgard Prison

Hello there!

My name is TheMelonAssassin or Melly and I'm here to help new players out in their journey to become a better player at Asgard Prison. For that I am using the tutorial you can do at spawn, the things I learned playing Asgard and the tips and tricks I have acquired from other players. I hope this will be useful given the tutorial is a bit tricky to understand.

This guide will consist of 7 parts
  1. The three currencies Asgard uses
  2. Upgrading your pickaxe
  3. Mines and rebirths
  4. Auction house and shop
  5. Kilton
  6. Automatic farms
  7. Some need to knows
Asgard currencies

Dollars are gathered by selling the ores, blocks and other items you gathered from mining, killing animals, crates or creating automatic farms. You will need different amounts of money to rank up, each rank will be more and more expensive. The last thing I’d like to add here is that /pay is disabled on the server, so no we can’t help you out with donating two million when you join.

Energy is gathered by mining (each block mined will give one energy), selling on the auction house or from crates. It is used for upgrading your pickaxe, buying things on the auction house or even some services from other players. Energy is key in the economy of Asgard, but I will talk about that later.

Bucks is the last and least common used currency, but are server wide. You get them from voting, buying them of people or winning events. One buck equals to one cent and can be turned into vouchers by doing /bucks to use in the store. One buck also equals to 1k energy if you want to buy or sell them. These bucks cannot be used to obtain crate keys. To see the commands for bucks do /minebucks.

Upgrading your pickaxe

Upgrading your pickaxe can only be done by using energy, currently you can do 8 different upgrades on your pickaxe. There is no perfect way to upgrade your pickaxe, but you should keep in mind that the trench upgrade (800k energy) is broken and will not mine out a 3x3 region. Right click your pickaxe or do /exchange to get started.

The first thing you should upgrade is fortune (1600 x level), it will make filling your inventory much faster, and of course getting more money. You should focus on getting fortune to in between 10 and 15 before moving getting something else. The next thing I advise to get on your pickaxe is auto sell (75k energy), this will automatically sell your inventory once it is full.

After this it is up to preference, but upgrading haste (850 x level) and efficiency (250 x level) until your pickaxe doesn’t swing is a good option, adding speed (7k x level) aswell. Unbreaking is less useful because of the reforged enchantment (better unbreaking) will make it almost unbreakable. Autoblocking is useless when you have autosell.

Once you can get your hands on an experience book (legendary enchantment) with good success rate, you should add it on your pickaxe for faster experience gain. If you can get your hands on a good reforged book (V or VI) you should try and add it to your pickaxe, since it won't break for the rest of the season.

You can repair your pickaxe by doing /efix or right clicking your pickaxe and finding the anvil. This will cost 100k every time. If you don't have 100k laying around just go ahead and ask in chat if someone is willing to repair, I am sure someone will help you!

Mines and rebirths

The prison of Asgard consists of 20 normal mines and one donator mine. The ranks can be seen doing /ranks and go from Peasant to God. You will unlock diamonds at mine 10 and emeralds at mine 16.

Anybody starting on Asgard should start with /ascend to gain free rankup to Farmer, which will give you access to plots (/p auto to get a plot). When you have gained enough money to rank up, use the command /ru twice. One whole rebirth will cost 114 million. When you rebirth once you get the number 1 next to your name, if you rebirth 13 times the brackets will turn gold and have stars in them.

Rebirths are the prestiges on Asgard and can be seen on /rebirth (note that these are still very bugged, some will not give rewards, others don’t need the requirements to rebirth. Currently you can do 11 different challenges (some of those can be done multiple times caused by a bug). I will list all 11 here:

The first one you should try and do is Njords challenge (75 million to rebirth), this rebirth will give you a 1.15 multiplier on everything you sell. (This one can be done multiple times, but it won't stack the multiplier). After this one it is all up to preference.

Iduns challenge (25 million to rebirth, gapples are not needed) will give you an extra kit containing 5 dragonfruit by doing /kit dragonfruit every 24 hours.

Tyrs challenge (25 million to rebirth, 10k mobs slain, this is easy to combine with leveling /slayer up). This will give you the wolf pet and the ability to ride any pet you can get. (This one can also be done multiple times)

Vidars challenge (25 million to rebirth, 75 players killed) will give you the Slayer tag in /tags and the /back command (this is broken at the moment). You can always go to /warp pvp to fight other people, but boosting the kills is not allowed and will get you a ban for 3 days.

Thors challenge (25 million to rebirth, Ancient Trials completed), to complete the trials you will have to be warrior rank (rank XII). You can acces those by doing /trials, I recommend reading OrionAlters guide on it, it also explains the use of ancient tokens (https://mineville.org/threads/guide-to-the-ancient-trials.2572/ ).
The axe you get is pretty good aswell. (https://mineville.org/threads/guide-to-the-ancient-trials.2572/ )

Friggs challenge (25 million to rebirth, 100 items enchanted). I only recommend doing this one if you want to do Odins rebirth, since the trench enchantment is broken at the moment.

Freyas challenge (25 million to rebirth, 75 hugs received),, to complete this rebirth 75 players need to do /hug (your ign), these hugs reset every day at 8pm EST. You can always check your hugs amount by doing /hugs. If you complete this rebirth you will receive the loved tag in /tags and the love aura in /aura

Freyrs challenge (25 million to rebirth, 5000 wheat harvested) will unlock you /kingdoms (not to confuse with /kingdom wich will send you to the survival). Important to note here is that the energy workers are not working so don't waste your money on those, the xp workers work fine and cost 15m each, producing 15k xp each every day (to check your total exp do /xp. The challenge only requires you to plant the seeds, not to harvest it, so you can break and place them infinitly. (Can be done multiple times)

Aegirs challenge (25 million to rebirth, 150 fish caught) will give you a pretty good helmet and the ocean helix aura (obtainable in /aura).

Lokis challenge (25 million to rebirth, 200 expi levels) will let you keep your levels when you die. The basic animal disguises are not available.

Odins challenge (25 million to rebirth, all rebirth challenges and achievements completed and slayer level 10) will only give you the starts if you are under 13 rebirths. The aura and juttenheim world are currently not available. You can check your achievements in /a.

Auction house and shop

This is the place to be when you want to gain some extra energy or spend some to get extra items that will help you proceed in your journey. To visit auction house do /ah. To sell something you will have to hold the item in your hand and do /ah sell (price in energy). Be careful for scammers, you can lose lots of energy on here. Just some general prices for common items you should keep in mind (these might change): 8.5k – 10k energy for 5 zombie pigmen spawners , around 100k for a lucky or cupido sellwand (sells the contents of a chest for 30% more) and 1k for 1 dragonfruit.

By doing /shop you can buy stuff to use on your plot like wood, seeds or other utilities like an enchanting table or lava buckets. It’s also a place to sell mobdrops, buy spawners or use your experience levels on custom enchants by clicking the book.

Kilton

Kilton has two purposes and can be visited by doing /kilton and uses mobheads to do payments or gain new slayer levels.

The first and most important thing is your slayer level (/slayer). At first you can only kill pigs and buy pigspawners. Each level unlocks new mobs and new spawners but demands more heads turned in. Each mob has a 10% droprate with creepers being an exception at 5%. Important notes here are that you can grind slayer level and mob at different warps (/warp nova /warp xp or /warp taco) or visit /p h crzy_chef. If your slayer level ever doesn't update, do a quick relog to fix the issue.

The mobheads you gain can also be used in /kilton to trade into souls, these will be used to buy perks from the kilton shop like /fly for 1 hour. Take note here that the Mystic Armor will not appear in your inventory if you buy it.

Automatic farms

If you ever see someone rank up like crazy in chat don’t bother asking if they’re cheating, they’re not. These people have created a series of automatic farms, most likely being zombie pigman spawners.

The main idea of a zombie pigman farm is that you them placed with water around it to move the pigman to a certain dropzone where you can kill them. Underneath the dropzone you can place a hoppers to move the gold ingots to a certain chest or even make a whole row with chests. Now all you have to do is afk at a spot that activates the spawners and you are good!
Each zombie pigman spawner stack can contain 120 spawners, and those stacks need to be 20 blocks apart from eachother.

If you want examples on these farms just ask ahead in the chat or visit my plot at /p h farm.
If I’m online I will be happy to help you out setting one up or give some more tips on how to build them.

Some need to knows

As of right now /dr is disabled due to exploiting, but still works on other realms. This should not stop you from linking your discord as it will give you updates before they appear on the forums and offer a chill and helpful place for your questions.

To buy a lottery ticket you can do /lottery buy (a ticket costs 100k), to check the lottery status do /lottery and click the book!

If you ever tend to lose your keystone (the wither star), its menu can be used doing /keystone.

I will make sure to add more information on here when I see certain questions passing by in the chat!

Have a good day and have fun on Asgard!

TheMelonAssassin

Last edited:

Aerysional

Helper
Helper
Great guide, Melon!

One thing I'd add is that you rank up by typing /rankup (or just /ru) in the chat. I see this question a lot in chat, so it is definitely useful to note.

Also, for the Reforged enchantment, the max level goes up a bit higher but I would only recommend upgrading it to either Reforged V or Reforged VI. Once you hit that level, your tools will be regenerating faster than they can take damage anyway. Save yourself energy!

Great guide, Melon!

One thing I'd add is that you rank up by typing /rankup (or just /ru) in the chat. I see this question a lot in chat, so it is definitely useful to note.

Also, for the Reforged enchantment, the max level goes up a bit higher but I would only recommend upgrading it to either Reforged V or Reforged VI. Once you hit that level, your tools will be regenerating faster than they can take damage anyway. Save yourself energy!
I will add these for sure! Thanks for the comment

Casz

Helper
Helper
Really enjoyed the guide, good job :)

Hello there!

My name is TheMelonAssassin or eMelon and I'm here to help new players out in their journey to become a better player at Asgard Prison. For that I am using the tutorial you can do at spawn, the things I learned playing Asgard and the tips and tricks I have acquired from other players. I hope this will be useful given the tutorial is a bit tricky to understand.

This guide will consist of 6 parts
  1. The three currencies Asgard uses
  2. Upgrading your pickaxe
  3. Mines and rebirths
  4. Auction house and shop
  5. Kilton
  6. Automatic farms
Asgard currencies

Dollars are gathered by selling the ores, blocks and other items you gathered from mining, killing animals, crates or creating automatic farms. You will need different amounts of money to rank up, each rank will be more and more expensive. The last thing I’d like to add here is that /pay is disabled on the server, so no we can’t help you out with donating two million when you join.

Energy is gathered by mining (each block mined will give one energy), selling on the auction house or from crates. It is used for upgrading your pickaxe, buying things on the auction house or even some services from other players. Energy is key in the economy of Asgard, but I will talk about that later.

Bucks is the last and least common used currency, but are server wide. You get them from voting, buying them of people or winning events. One buck equals to one cent and can be turned into vouchers to use in the store. One buck also equals to 1k energy if you want to buy or sell them. These bucks cannot be used to obtain crate keys.

Upgrading your pickaxe

Upgrading your pickaxe can only be done by using energy, currently you can do 8 different upgrades on your pickaxe. There is no perfect way to upgrade your pickaxe, but you should keep in mind that the trench upgrade (800k energy) is broken and will not mine out a 3x3 region. Right click your pickaxe or do /exchange to get started

The first thing you should upgrade is fortune (1600 x level), it will make filling your inventory much faster, and of course getting more money. You should focus on getting fortune to in between 10 and 15 before moving getting something else. The next thing I advise to get on your pickaxe is auto sell (75k energy), this will automatically sell your inventory once it is full.

After this it is up to preference, but upgrading haste (850 x level) and efficiency (250 x level) until your pickaxe doesn’t swing is a good option, adding speed (7k x level) aswell. Unbreaking is less useful because of the reforged enchantment (better unbreaking) will make it almost unbreakable. Autoblocking is useless when you have autosell.

Once you can get your hands on an experience book (legendary enchantment) with good success rate, you should add it on your pickaxe for faster experience gain.

You can repair your pickaxe by doing /efix or right clicking your pickaxe and finding the anvil.

Mines and rebirths

The prison of Asgard consists of 20 normal mines and one donator mine. The ranks can be seen doing /ranks and go from Peasant to God. You will unlock diamonds at mine 10 and emeralds at mine 16

Anybody starting on Asgard should start with /ascend to gain free rankup to Farmer, wich will give you access to plots (/p auto to get a plot).

Rebirths are the prestiges on Asgard and can be seen on /rebirth (note that these are still very bugged, some will not give rewards, others don’t need the requirements to rebirth. The first one you should try and do is Njords (75 million to rebirth), this rebirth will give you a 1.15 multiplier on everything you sell. After this it’s up to preference on wich one you do first, although Iduns challenge (25 million to rebirth, apples are not needed) will give you an extra kit containing 5 dragonfruit.

Auction house and shop

This is the place to be when you want to gain some extra energy or spend some to get extra items that will help you proceed in your journey. To visit auction house do /ah. To sell something you will have to hold the item in your hand and do /ah sell (price in energy). Be careful for scammers, you can lose lots of energy on here. Just some general prices for common items you should keep in mind (these might change): 8.5k – 10k energy for 5 zombie pigmen spawners , around 100k for a lucky or cupido sellwand (sells the contents of a chest for 30% more) and 1k for 1 dragonfruit.

By doing /shop you can buy stuff to use on your plot like wood, seeds or other utilities like an enchanting table or lava buckets. It’s also a place to sell mobdrops, buy spawners or use your experience levels on custom enchants.

Kilton

Kilton has two purposes and can be visited by doing /kilton and uses mobheads to do payments or gain new slayer levels.

The first and most important thing is your slayer level (/slayer). At first you can only kill pigs and buy pigspawners. Each level unlocks new mobs and new spawners but demands more heads turned in. Important notes here are that you can grind slayer level and mob at different warps (/warp nova /warp xp or /warp taco) or visit /p h crzy_chef.

The mobheads you gain can also be used in /kilton to trade into souls, these will be used to buy perks from the kilton shop like /fly for 1 hour.

Automatic farms

If you ever see someone rank up like crazy in chat don’t bother asking if they’re cheating, they’re not. These people have created a series of automatic farms, most likely being zombie pigman spawners.

The main idea of a zombie pigman farm is that you them placed with water around it to move the pigman to a certain dropzone where you can kill them. Underneath the dropzone you can place a hoppers to move the gold ingots to a certain chest or even make a whole row with chests. Now all you have to do is afk at a spot that activates the spawners and you are good!

If you want examples on these farms just ask ahead in the chat or visit my plot at /p h TheMelonAssassin. If I’m online I will be happy to help you out setting one up or give some more tips on how to build them

I will make sure to add more information on here when I see certain questions passing by in the chat!

Have a good day and have fun on Asgard!

TheMelonAssassin
Really enjoyed the guide, good job :)
Thanks! I hope you learned a thing or two, good luck on the server!

Flynii

Dedicated
As a water player this is very useful!

Been recommending this forum to new users, it seems to help them out a lot. Good work! Looks like you put a lot of time and effort into making this for new players.

The guide has received an update after seeing the same questions pop up in the chat. Make sure to comment on what you think should be added!

Have a great day!

arriving

Thanks melon, i got to #1 on rebirth leaderboard using this guide!!