User name: baitin

What is your username? Baitin

Which realm are you applying for?
Earth Towny

What time zone do you live in? EST

What is your first name? Nate

How old are you? 18

What is your discord username? NateTheMate#1407

Have you created any previous applications? If so, please link them here.

Why do you want to become a staff member on MineVille?

I would like to become a member of the MineVille staff team due to my inherent desire to help others both in game and in real life. The earth realm doesn't usually have staff on at the time I play providing myself with the perfect opportunity to add to the team and aid those players on beginning their earth towny journeys. Being a staff member would allow me to put my experience on this realm to good use being the dedicated supporter I already am of the earth community. Really being a staff member just allows me to help more people than I already do on this realm which I a huge part of why I play, and I think is just the next step of many in my journey to grow as a person and a player.

What are three qualities that you have that make you stand out from the other applicants?
  1. Empathy - I am able to put myself in someone else's position to be able to find the best way to solve their problem.
  2. Communication Skills - I am able to easily communicate what I am trying to say whether in game, on discord or in VC. Whilst communicating I am respectful and sure to try and keep upbeat. I also am a great listener cable of hearing out various peoples’ issues with no problem, often able to help them solve it afterwards.
  3. Experience in dealing with similar situations - due to be a councillor at summer camps.
How many hours a day can you dedicate to Mineville?
I usually play MineVille for at least 2 hours a day, often more depending on the week. This has been significantly more lately due to the online work environment which gives me ample time to enjoy the game!

How long have you been playing on Mineville?
I have been playing MineVille for just over 2 months. Across 3 different realms which have given me a unique perspective when it comes to helping new players as I have definitely been in their shoes multiple times. This also gives me a great understanding of how other realms work allowing me to aid players across the entire server.

Have you ever been banned or punished on our server or any of our other platforms? (Describe the situation/s)
I have not.

Do you have any past experience of being a staff member?
I am in charge of many discord servers related to the earth realm where I moderate the server and also aid new town members with whatever their issue is. I have also hosted competitions and events for my town/nation.

Are you able to use some form of screenshot/recording software?
Yes.

SCENARIO ONE: You are the only staff member online on any realm, and a report comes in from another realm that you are not familiar with and have no permissions on. What do you do?
First, I would transfer to that realm to gain a greater understanding of the situation. I would then attempt to resolve the situation by talking to those involved. Finally, if the problem can not be solved through these actions I would bring it to a higher level staffs attention on discord so that they could log on and use their perms in the required fashion.

SCENARIO TWO: You ban a player and them and their friends start messaging you calling you a bad staff member and telling you that you should unban them. What do you do?
I would first teach them how they could appeal the ban in the hope that the situation would deescalate. If they kept up and started saying offensive things I would warn them following the proper staff procedure, from this point on I try to ignore them if they were just upset and not listening to my advice on how to appeal. If they kept saying offensive things after being warned, I would mute them following the proper staff producers.

Are you aware that all information provided must be true, and if found to be false, will result in an automatic rejection of this application?
Yes

Last edited:

TeamJacob

Earth Diamond
Baitin is an extremely helpful and genuine player and on a lot during the day during busy parts of the day for people from North America. +1 from me!
Best of Luck Baitin!

Hallowqueen

Active
Asgard Monarch
Hello!

While I cannot speak on behalf of your in-game behaviours, I would like to comment on your application.

From what I can see, I personally believe it is well written, and very neatly laid out. The fact you are in servers relating to the Earth Towny realm shows you likely have a good understanding of the realm and are able to help others with commands, advice, etc.

The only thing I could possibly suggest is being a little more active in the community discord server. Part of the requirements is to be at Mee6’s level 5 (minimum) within the discord to show activity there also.

Other than this, I think your application is very good. I wish you good luck! 😄
- Hallowqueen