Discord Server

0 Members Online

Play.Mineville.Org

0 Members Online

An idea I had about sotm (staff of the month)

nomnom30

Ranked Player
Kingdom Merchant
Kingdom Knight
Kingdom Prince
Kingdom King
Kingdom Emperor
So atm there are 2 catagories for SOTM, jr staff, and sr staff, the sr being mod and above and jr helpers and trials, which as far as ik, are staff voted. I think a 3rd catagory should be added for player voted sotm, which will push staff to connect and help the community more (I am not saying that they don't, talking and playing with staff is smth i love doing on mv). This will boost staff to talk and help the most they can and can also help out seeing staff performance.
How I think this can work:
A few days before the monthly post an announcement will be sent stating the monthly voting has started for player chosen SOTM, the voting will be closed like a day before the monthly post and when the regular SOTM are announced, the player chosen one is announced too.

Ik this is totally up to pizza and the admins and idk the technical aspect kf this or if pizza is even

Hallowqueen

Trial Helper
Trial Helper
Hello!

This is such a good idea, Nom! I think it would be nice for players to give positive opinions on staff members. However, I think it could also be quite biased which is likely why this idea hasn’t been implemented before. It would also be difficult to monitor every single submission, and make sure they were legitimate votes (i.e; people using IGN’s for alts to boost votes if they used an online poll).

I would imagine they’d like to keep the voting anonymous, so using reactions within the discord to vote for a member of staff would remove this aspect, and that could potentially cause some issues. That being said, it could also be a little disheartening to staff who feel they are interacting with, helping out and getting as involved as they can in the community, if they aren’t voted by a majority of players for whichever reason.

It would be a nice idea, if they were able to create a fair way for it to be added, I think it would be great! +1 :geek:

nomnom30

Ranked Player
Kingdom Merchant
Kingdom Knight
Kingdom Prince
Kingdom King
Kingdom Emperor
Hello!

This is such a good idea, Nom! I think it would be nice for players to give positive opinions on staff members. However, I think it could also be quite biased which is likely why this idea hasn’t been implemented before. It would also be difficult to monitor every single submission, and make sure they were legitimate votes (i.e; people using IGN’s for alts to boost votes if they used an online poll).

I would imagine they’d like to keep the voting anonymous, so using reactions within the discord to vote for a member of staff would remove this aspect, and that could potentially cause some issues. That being said, it could also be a little disheartening to staff who feel they are interacting with, helping out and getting as involved as they can in the community, if they aren’t voted by a majority of players for whichever reason.

It would be a nice idea, if they were able to create a fair way for it to be added, I think it would be great! +1:geek:
Ty for the response, I was actually thinking it would happen on google forums under discord username as alot of the interaction happens there

TeamJacob

Kingdom Merchant
I really agree with this. We all know all the staff on here work hard everyday to make sure its a safe and fun environment for players all ages but as you stated it would help encourage staff to reach out more. Like you said as well, there's several sights for anonymous voting where we can also leave feedback to go along with our responses and I do believe that would be best and the most appropriate for this.

Pinguinooo

Administrator
Administrator
Asgard Noble
Asgard Thane
Asgard Jarl
Asgard Monarch
Hi there,

Thanks for the suggestion. Maybe we will do this for a special occasion, however we don't have any plans to open votes for the community. We value every member of the staff team, we don't want this to become a competition (we also don't want staff members / people to think that winning this means that they should get promoted. This is decided by our staff manager. Community members do not see how staff work together for example). You're welcome to message staff members to thank them or reach out to admins if you are concerned about a staff member.

It's not completely off the table, however it's not something that we plan to add anytime soon :)

Last edited:

nomnom30

Ranked Player
Kingdom Merchant
Kingdom Knight
Kingdom Prince
Kingdom King
Kingdom Emperor
Hi there,

Thanks for the suggestion. Maybe we will do this for a special occasion, however we don't have anything planned to open votes for the community. We value every member of the staff team, we don't want this to become a competition (we don't want staff members / people to think that winning this means that they should get promoted. This is decided by our staff manager. Community members do not see how staff work together for example). You're welcome to message staff members to thank them or reach out to admins if you are concerned about a staff member.

It's not completely off the table, however it's not something that we plan to add anytime soon :)
Alr, didn’t really think of that part but anyways ty for the response
:)

Phant

Dedicated
Although this isnt a bad idea, its too easy to boost a certian staff member